Price placed on IR with the FLU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Over the Hills and far away.

Bonus Sean Bean doesn't die!

Seriously though actual flu is scary. My eldest had the flu which included an overnight hospital stay with IV fluids, tamiflu and then pneumonia afterwards which took 3 courses of antibiotics and a month to get rid of.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
yeah, sure... keep saying yourself that..

when you can show me a paper Showing Medical Ph.D, I'll beleive you before my family doctor :handclap: :help:

we have a winner... this is a flu yes... 4 days as I said

And does your job require you to perform at peak physical condition and likely lose 10lbs or more in water weight per day you work?

The physical recovery from a flu will take longer than the point where someone can go back to a desk job. It's noticeable even in beer league level play or just going to the gym. You lose a lot of strength and coordination that takes a bit longer to come back.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And does your job require you to perform at peak physical condition and likely lose 10lbs or more in water weight per day you work?

The physical recovery from a flu will take longer than the point where someone can go back to a desk job. It's noticeable even in beer league level play or just going to the gym. You lose a lot of strength and coordination that takes a bit longer to come back.

Not to mention, wearing that kind of suit.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

not my job but my passion yes... so if you wanna talk dehydration and weight lost , you have your man... when you can sustain 3hrs of running in +30c weather with me we'll have that discussion

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I don't know about you, but flu for me is 6-7 days max. Usually I'm functional again on the 5th day.

Not for me. In my case, to top it off, it triggers asthma attacks.

But I really think people are mistaking a cold with a flu in this thread. The symptoms are similar but a lot milder for a cold.

BEASTERNSHORE

Jun 21, 2016
Halifax, NS
You should get out more then. It's uncommon for the flu (influenza) to be LESS than a week to recuperate. You are probably getting mixed up with the common cold, which usually takes a week to recuperate but doesn't knock you out as much as the flu does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

''People with influenza often show similar symptoms as people with a cold, though symptoms are usually more severe in the former.''

''Influenza's effects are much more severe and last longer than those of the common cold. Most people will recover completely in about two to three weeks, but others will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia). Thus, influenza can be deadly, especially for the weak, young and old, or chronically ill. People with a weak immune system, such as people with advanced HIV infection or transplant patients (whose immune systems are medically suppressed to prevent transplant organ rejection), suffer from particularly severe disease.''

I'm going to have to tell my physician his doctor school was a waste of money when he could have just gone on Wikipedia to practice!:shakehead

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'm going to have to tell my physician his doctor school was a waste of money when he could have just gone on Wikipedia to practice!:shakehead

It's possible you have a stupid doctor. I used to have a doctor that believed vaccines cause autism. He had 30+ years of experience as a doctor. Didn't change the fact he was stupid.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Not for me. In my case, to top it off, it triggers asthma attacks.

I feel your pain.

Any time I get even the sniffles, my lungs decide that they've had enough of life.

As for Price, well....as fun as conspiracy talk is, he's probably just got the flu.

Greek

Jun 10, 2015
Montreal
Flu or more?

#Flugate2016

Is this a big conspiracy? Is price out with the flu or a man cold? All of these answers and more on the next exciting episode of dragon...err NHL.

I was stricken by a really bad flu two years.

First time in my life (as far as I can remember), and while I was bed ridden for two weeks, I subsequently suffered from terrible vertigo.

Many months later, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerossis.

I can only point to that violent case of the flu as the trigger. I hope that what we are "allowed" to hear is true and that it is simply a bad case of the flu.

Although, that being said, a flu can lead to worse, lasting effects.

While I do empathize with those who are mistrusting of the Montreal Canadiens organization (with good reason due to all the falsehoods and misdirection that we have been fed), I urge everyone to wish Price (the human being) nothing but the best.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
not my job but my passion yes... so if you wanna talk dehydration and weight lost , you have your man... when you can sustain 3hrs of running in +30c weather with me we'll have that discussion

Been there done that. But that extraneous bit doesn't really answer the question.

The real answer was in the first sentence. You could return to work sooner because it didn't have the physical demands that an NHL goalie does.

Anyway, if it goes a couple weeks longer than we'd probably have to start wondering if it's something more serious.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You probably never had the flu to begin with then, most people get it confused with a cold.

As I said earlier in this thread, I had the swine flu H1N1 when I was younger. I had some complications because of it such as asthma, but after 7 days I was able to function normally despite feeling a little weak and tired.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Been there done that. But that extraneous bit doesn't really answer the question.

The real answer was in the first sentence. You could return to work sooner because it didn't have the physical demands that an NHL goalie does.

Anyway, if it goes a couple weeks longer than we'd probably have to start wondering if it's something more serious.

he shouldnt be in bed one week after it started.... that's my point. (looks like there's something underneath)

At 80-85% he should be able to backup Montoya like the back up did for him/the team last year or the year before (cant remember if it was Tokarski or Condon)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
he shouldnt be in bed one week after it started.... that's my point. (looks like there's something underneath)

At 80-85% he should be able to backup Montoya like the back up did for him/the team last year or the year before (cant remember if it was Tokarski or Condon)

Why do you bother about this so much...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad