Price placed on IR with the FLU

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You too would pretend to be sick if you just realized you gotta once again be coached by Therrien and this time you don't have P.K. Subban to keep you entertained.

member 157595

I started buying the conspiracy theory ever since they tweeted he was taking antibiotics for the flu (virus).

Either their lying about the flu, the social media guy **** up, or some VERY irresponsible doctor is prescribing unnecessary antibiotics...

The doctor is Dr. Mulder, so it could also be aliens.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
^ Gotta get Dr. Scully there asap or this will be a full blown conspiracy theory hell with super soldiers and viruses with no chance of recovering. TOOMS.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
They invited a doctor on the radio to discuss Carey Price's flu? I forget how important hockey is in Canada until I hear stuff like this. :laugh:

haha but its nothing compared to how football is in USA haha.. I was just in a football crazed state in the USA for a couple weeks and my jaw dropped at the stuff they talked about and how indepth they discussed all football topics.

I came back home and told my hockey obsessed friends that they are NOTHING compared to USA and its football!!!

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
simple... he has MONO :laugh:

seriously though, I've never seen a week+ long flu

You should get out more then. It's uncommon for the flu (influenza) to be LESS than a week to recuperate. You are probably getting mixed up with the common cold, which usually takes a week to recuperate but doesn't knock you out as much as the flu does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

''People with influenza often show similar symptoms as people with a cold, though symptoms are usually more severe in the former.''

''Influenza's effects are much more severe and last longer than those of the common cold. Most people will recover completely in about two to three weeks, but others will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia). Thus, influenza can be deadly, especially for the weak, young and old, or chronically ill. People with a weak immune system, such as people with advanced HIV infection or transplant patients (whose immune systems are medically suppressed to prevent transplant organ rejection), suffer from particularly severe disease.''

Last edited:

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

I started buying the conspiracy theory ever since they tweeted he was taking antibiotics for the flu (virus).

Either their lying about the flu, the social media guy **** up, or some VERY irresponsible doctor is prescribing unnecessary antibiotics...

It's possible that the flu settled into something like pneumonia as well. Or the author of the tweet mistook antibiotics for medication, which can prescribed if it is the actual influenza like Tamiflu

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
You should get out more then. It's uncommon for the flu (influenza) to be LESS than a week to recuperate. You are probably getting mixed up with the common cold, which usually takes a week to recuperate but doesn't knock you out as much as the flu does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

''People with influenza often show similar symptoms as people with a cold, though symptoms are usually more severe in the former.''

''Influenza's effects are much more severe and last longer than those of the common cold. Most people will recover completely in about two to three weeks, but others will develop life-threatening complications (such as pneumonia). Thus, influenza can be deadly, especially for the weak, young and old, or chronically ill. People with a weak immune system, such as people with advanced HIV infection or transplant patients (whose immune systems are medically suppressed to prevent transplant organ rejection), suffer from particularly severe disease.''

sorry to say but you have a weak system...

I missed Thursady, Friday (with a doctor's note - FLU) and were back at work on Monday calculating numbers to prevent steel members from falling on your head...

let's count... Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday = 4 (1+1+1+1=4)

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

I missed Thursady, Friday (with a doctor's note - FLU) and were back at work on Monday calculating numbers to prevent steel members from falling on your head...

lol. You had a cold buddy. It's ok not to read facts buy trust a random doctor that wrote FLU when they could write whatever they want on doctors notes.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
lol. You had a cold buddy. It's ok not to read facts buy trust a random doctor that wrote FLU when they could write whatever they want on doctors notes.

yeah, sure... keep saying yourself that..

when you can show me a paper Showing Medical Ph.D, I'll beleive you before my family doctor :handclap: :help:

- fever
- Diarrhea
- Extreme fatigue
- Shivers

we have a winner... this is a flu yes... 4 days as I said

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Symptoms for FLU that are not symptoms of COLDS include:

- High fever
- Diarrhea
- Hallucinations
- Extreme fatigue
- Shivers

So buddy, did you have a cold or a flu?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
yeah, sure... keep saying yourself that..

when you can show me a paper Showing Medical Ph.D, I'll beleive you before my family doctor :handclap: :help:

The thing is, doctors often say flu when they mean cold. The media is also guilty of that as well. Heck, the media say flu when it could also mean gastroenteritis, which is a completely different disease as well.

In doctor slang, flu means cold but INFLUENZA means flu.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The thing is, doctors often say flu when they mean cold. The media is also guilty of that as well. Heck, the media say flu when it could also mean gastroenteritis, which is a completely different disease as well.

So price has a cold then?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
So price has a cold then?

We don't know. But to say the flu rarely lasts more than 7 days is utterly wrong. Lots of cases of influenza lasts well over a week and it comes with weight loss and fatigue. (Patients with influenza barely eat during the whole process and usually take only fluids)

From what the team is saying (fever, shivers, weight loss etc.) it appears he actually has the FLU (influenza) and not the common cold.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Really? My doctor always distinguishes between the two. Maybe you need a new doctor if you're uses the terms interchangeably. :dunno:

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Really? My doctor always distinguishes between the two. Maybe you need a new doctor if you're uses the terms interchangeably. :dunno:

I was mostly responding to someone saying people that have a flu last more than 7 days are weak. It is completely false.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Yeah, but you're you, and Carey Price is just Carey Price. Cut him some slack.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
In everyday talk, people often say flu for colds, influenza and the stomach flu.

All of these things last different lengths of time and will last longer for some then others (yes they can last longer than a week based on the persons own immune system and the treatment that is given or not or if they lead to things like pneumonia or the bugs spread to other parts of your body). So no need to bicker about length of times. We don't know what Prices tests show. And if they don't send any sort of microbiology of whatever bug is causing this it would simply be an educated guess on whether it is a cold (like rhinovirus) or the flu (influenza).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad