Post-Game Talk: Price Hits 40 With Back to Back Shutouts!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If anyone remembers a win streak we had earlier this season when it looked like whenever Price gave 2 or less goals, we'd win... His below 2.00 GAA for the season explains why the team is performing so well, period…

The team is used to playing this way. May not be pretty (apart from Price's heroics), but the team seems built around those types of games, regardless of what anyone thinks about Desharnais, Therrien, etc...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If anyone remembers a win streak we had earlier this season when it looked like whenever Price gave 2 or less goals, we'd win... His below 2.00 GAA for the season explains why the team is performing so well, period…

The team is used to playing this way. May not be pretty (apart from Price's heroics), but the team seems built around those types of games, regardless of what anyone thinks about Desharnais, Therrien, etc...

But Why?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I still can't believe that muppet put Pacioretty and Desharnais back after one shift last night. The offense scored barely any goals again last night but I guarantee we see those two back together again. I swear, he must not want to score goals.

Well, DD had the flu last week apparently, I guess MT put him apart from Pacioretty until he felt better to make sure our best goal scorer wouldn't get sick too. Now that there's no worries, he can put them back toghether :facepalm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, DD had the flu last week apparently, I guess MT put him apart from Pacioretty until he felt better to make sure our best goal scorer wouldn't get sick too. Now that there's no worries, he can put them back toghether :facepalm:

Just as he (MT) was edging towards an epiphany too. :cry:

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Could you imagine Tampa today if they did make that "supposed" trade:

Top 6:
Pacioretty-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

Top 4:
Hedman-Subban
Coburn-Stralman

Price

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Top 6:
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

Top 4:
Hedman-Subban
Coburn-Stralman

Price

We'd probably have Stamkos from finishing last. Maybe even Tavares as well, lol.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
We'd probably have Stamkos from finishing last. Maybe even Tavares as well, lol.

Nope, Stamkos was drafted in 2008.

And I don't think we would have finished last in 2009 for Tavares, especially if you added Lecavalier to our roster back then. However, we might have gotten Hall, RNH in subsequent drafts.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Top 6:
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

Top 4:
Hedman-Subban
Coburn-Stralman

Price

Wasn't plekanec part of that offer too? Granted, he may have been a 3rd liner there.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Nope, Stamkos was drafted in 2008.

And I don't think we would have finished last in 2009 for Tavares, especially if you added Lecavalier to our roster back then. However, we might have gotten Hall, RNH in subsequent drafts.

Basically we were one trade away of becoming today's Oilers :sarcasm:

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
truu, but I always saw vague sources for it, but this time it seems legit.

Legit? Dude, all the links in the article were guys speculating. Doesn't make the article legit.

Don't you know about citogenesis?

citogenesis.png

Not wiki, of course, but this one is right up there. :laugh:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Your Dad wasn't necessarily wrong many of us argued Max could do so much more.
I'm looking forward to seeing Max take pride in doing the small things in the PO's that make a true champion. When the puck isn't cooperating there are other ways of contributing that will allow a player to keep his mojo.

yea he's a much stronger two way player this year tho and that scoring at his salary you just cant win a trade where you send him away was always my comeback thank god Max is around to stay

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It was Gorges, Subban, Plekanec, Higgins, and some 1st rounders.

But I remember reading on Habs Inside Out at the timr of the near trade that there was a second, alternative deal on the table, involving Andrei Markov, Robert Lang, and I forget who else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad