GDT: Preseason: New York Rangers @ New York Islanders , 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It was the last preseason game. Most of them decided they just wanted a skate.

I'm just not that impressed with Othmann.....yet. He played all 6 preseason games. A couple of them might have been good. Some you didn't notice him and at least one he stunk out the place. Unless they need to keep him until an injured forward comes back I'd send him to Hartford.

We didn't see as much of Berard but I liked what I saw from him better than Othmann.

The star for us of the rookie forwards was Edstrom. He definitely looks NHL ready.

Rempe was one of our better players last night and IMO his skating has improved a lot. He even had Butch Goring (I'm upstate---I had to watch the Isles broadcast) praising him a couple times. Telling his audience that Rempe is a really good skater and not a goon (as in 'He's not a goon') and emphasizing that he's only 22 and is only going to get better and that the Rangers have a good one. Thomas Hickey chimed his agreement on that. I'd note one time he came in took a shot---the puck wound up in the corner with him closing in on a defender who made a really quick reversal and Rempe did the same to stay with him and I don't think he could have done that last year without his feet going out from under him and this time he accomplished that easily. He's a lot more balanced on his blades and maybe even a bit faster as well. Limited space agility is a big deal.

Don't think Robertson necessarily played bad but Mancini is the rookie D who really impressed. If the Rangers keep him and he can show in the early season he's ready I can also see him displacing Lindgren in the lineup when he's over his injury.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It was the last preseason game. Most of them decided they just wanted a skate.

I'm just not that impressed with Othmann.....yet. He played all 6 preseason games. A couple of them might have been good. Some you didn't notice him and at least one he stunk out the place. Unless they need to keep him until an injured forward comes back I'd send him to Hartford.

We didn't see as much of Berard but I liked what I saw from him better than Othmann.

The star for us of the rookie forwards was Edstrom. He definitely looks NHL ready.

Rempe was one of our better players last night and IMO his skating has improved a lot. He even had Butch Goring (I'm upstate---I had to watch the Isles broadcast) praising him a couple times. Telling his audience that Rempe is a really good skater and not a goon (as in 'He's not a goon') and emphasizing that he's only 22 and is only going to get better and that the Rangers have a good one. Thomas Hickey chimed his agreement on that. I'd note one time he came in took a shot---the puck wound up in the corner with him closing in on a defender who made a really quick reversal and Rempe did the same to stay with him and I don't think he could have done that last year without his feet going out from under him and this time he accomplished that easily. He's a lot more balanced on his blades and maybe even a bit faster as well. Limited space agility is a big deal.

Don't think Robertson necessarily played bad but Mancini is the rookie D who really impressed. If the Rangers keep him and he can show in the early season he's ready I can also see him displacing Lindgren in the lineup when he's over his injury.
We got the Isles broadcast downstate as well

Reactions: eco's bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad