Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM06 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Canucks def. Oilers | 4-1 (Hughes, Soucy, Bains, DeBrusk)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i only saw the highlights but petey looked good?

He seems to be developing some chemistry with DeBrusk, who I thought was more of the driver on that line in this one in terms of possession. Thought Sprong's skill was a nice addition to the line, and he didn't look as bad as advertised away from the puck ... though it's early.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd more say he looked fine. Didn't dominate, wasn't always on the same page as his linemates, but looked fine for a preseason game.

Ye, was gonna say. He looked fine. Far from his best outing but looked better than the last few. Had a few really nice dishes, one of which Soucy buried, and was more engaged/moving his feet more. Had a couple of good looks on the PP and made a couple of nice little defensive plays.

Hoping he has a big game on Wednesday.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
So I watched the old PVR of this game, and I gotta tell you, if Edmonton thinks they can win the cup with that defense and goaltending, they’re completely delusional lol.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
So I watched the old PVR of this game, and I gotta tell you, if Edmonton thinks they can win the cup with that defense and goaltending, they’re completely delusional lol.
They’re also way slower this year. Plus they seem depressed they live in Edmonton lol

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
They’re also way slower this year. Plus they seem depressed they live in Edmonton lol
Count me as a bit baffled by what Stan Bowman is doing in Edmonton as well.

They've lost a lot of guys who helped take them to the Cup Final last spring. Desharnais, Ceci and even Boberg haven't been replaced on their blueline. And Ekholm is now 34 with a lot of mileage.

And up front, gone are McLeod, Holloway, Fogele and of course Kane, who will miss a big chunk of the season. That's a lot of size and speed, that simply hasn't been replaced. And bringing back a 39-year hold Perry? Yikes!

They're definitely going to have to make some 'in-season adjustments' to this lineup.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Skinner can do it, somehow. It's honestly mystifying how that goalie can go from looking like a CHL kid just trying to stay alive to an all star seemingly on a whim. Their defense though? Yikes. No wonder Bouchard wants 11M. Dude's carrying the whole damn squad besides Ekholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad