Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM06 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Canucks def. Oilers | 4-1 (Hughes, Soucy, Bains, DeBrusk)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i only saw the highlights but petey looked good?

He seems to be developing some chemistry with DeBrusk, who I thought was more of the driver on that line in this one in terms of possession. Thought Sprong's skill was a nice addition to the line, and he didn't look as bad as advertised away from the puck ... though it's early.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd more say he looked fine. Didn't dominate, wasn't always on the same page as his linemates, but looked fine for a preseason game.

Ye, was gonna say. He looked fine. Far from his best outing but looked better than the last few. Had a few really nice dishes, one of which Soucy buried, and was more engaged/moving his feet more. Had a couple of good looks on the PP and made a couple of nice little defensive plays.

Hoping he has a big game on Wednesday.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
So I watched the old PVR of this game, and I gotta tell you, if Edmonton thinks they can win the cup with that defense and goaltending, they’re completely delusional lol.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
So I watched the old PVR of this game, and I gotta tell you, if Edmonton thinks they can win the cup with that defense and goaltending, they’re completely delusional lol.
I think they really underestimate the impact of losing a lot of speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad