Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM06 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Canucks def. Oilers | 4-1 (Hughes, Soucy, Bains, DeBrusk)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
How did Hoglander bounce off Podkolzin like that
He seems to really understand his low center of gravity / strong core. He just stopped skating and knew he would bounce off and keep the puck, all at open ice. That was neat

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Gotta like what we saw in that game. My biggest takeaway is Silovs' performance. Definitely looks like a guy who's up to the challenge of holding the fort for as long as Demmer is out.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Really liking the forward lines. Wiilie D might have liked them more; it would be a huge advantage to roll the lines confidently and come out with fresher weapons.

Heinen was OK. Understated game but I do think he fits on the Miller line as a glue guy like Suter did.

Sprong looked really engaged. Chemistry is in progress with his linemates but it's their first game together. Petey was much better and DeBrusk looks like a decent forechecking sidekick.

Raty had the one flub on the GA but was otherwise fine. The line was driven by Sherwood and Hoglander (who were great) so hard to say he stood out. Bains was the most impactful guy on the 4th line, moreso than Aman. Blueger looked healthy and wasn't pushing it.

D was promising. Hughes-Hronek and Soucy-Myers looked great. Forbort-Desharnais scared me at times, especially against the rush, but earned their salary on the PK and bullying guys in the DZ.

Silovs was excellent. Unstoppable up close which complements us having trees on D.

Hard to say yet whether Oilers are better on F and D but can still report that Nurse is a dumbass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad