Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks lose to Edmonton Oilers in Shootout | 2-3 (Bains & Smith)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Almost impossible to overstate how important these exhibition games have been for the likes of Lekkerimaki, D-Petey and Kudryavtsev......they played a lot and gained a ton of valuable experience.

Not much question they'll all be in the NHL one day......just a question of 'how soon'.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think people are being too hard on EP2. For him to make this deep into camp is great progression. He wasn't expected to be anywhere close to being in the NHL yet with a whole 8 North American games under his belt coming into the year. As pointed out he gets caught puck watching and has some skating to work on but I think his camp has been fantastic.

Reactions: shottasasa

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I’m not sure I could think of a weirder comparison than Bains and Gaunce. Polar opposite players.
I'd agree. Gaunce from what I've seen is a composed if vanilla player. I'd liken him more to what Aman is. Bubble guy who won't hurt you.

The right words aren't coming to me for Bains...the best I can do is Bains is, I guess, a sloppy player all over the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad