GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
MAN, our new uniforms look f***in ACE. Now we easily have one of the best jerseys in the league (I'm biased), especially with the black away scheme. Please never change that design ever again.
Pretty sure the black jerseys are the home jerseys.

For the 90s Chevron era, I prefer the look of the whites but this current version is a win for the black ones with the helmets being a huge part of it.

The white version should have silver numbers instead of the black numbers.

That said, I still do not like how fat that bottom stripe is.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Hold on. I had read several people who said he had no hockey sense at all! Are you telling me that watching a 5 minute video on YouTube from an amateur hockey scout and then forming my opinion based on what they say might not be a true representation of a players ability? Since when?
Once a narrative gets formed around a prospect everybody just accepts it as truth. But sometimes if you watch said prospect yourself, you'll find the narrative isn't always true.

Byfield's issue from the start was his reluctancy to drive the play and be the guy. Somewhere last season he decided to not be that guy anymore. Hoping he keeps it up for the next several years.
This is speculation on my part, but my impression of QB is that he's a guy who needs time to adjust. That's why he wasn't productive in tournaments.

He's very responsible and doesn't want to be the guy who makes the bad turnover. That's part of the reason I think he needs time to feel out his surroundings.

Good things are coming, I just wonder if his conservative style will limit his point totals.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Once a narrative gets formed around a prospect everybody just accepts it as truth. But sometimes if you watch said prospect yourself, you'll find the narrative isn't always true.

This is speculation on my part, but my impression of QB is that he's a guy who needs time to adjust. That's why he wasn't productive in tournaments.

He's very responsible and doesn't want to be the guy who makes the bad turnover. That's part of the reason I think he needs time to feel out his surroundings.

Good things are coming, I just wonder if his conservative style will limit his point totals.
I agree. I also feel like confidence is a big thing with him.

It's why, in my opinion, his showing at the WJC may not have been what everyone hoped for. Those tournaments are short, and you need to get caught up right away. I still think he did well, and he was also having to carry a coach's favorite who was underwhelming, himself.

It's also why the bottom-six deployment wasn't a good idea, in my opinion. Being a skilled player not being trusted to be a skilled player won't give you the confidence as a skilled player. You saw his assertiveness grow exponentially within two games of playing with Kempe and Kopitar.

Playing more minutes would have given him more reps to hone his craft, acclimate, and build confidence.

In the end, it seems to be working out as he's playing much better. I'm just a believer of empowering players to make mistakes and rein things in if they get overwhelmed, as opposed to limiting their responsibilities and thus putting an artificial ceiling - if only temporary.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Pretty sure the black jerseys are the home jerseys.

For the 90s Chevron era, I prefer the look of the whites but this current version is a win for the black ones with the helmets being a huge part of it.

The white version should have silver numbers instead of the black numbers.

That said, I still do not like how fat that bottom stripe is.
Oh even better that the black's are for home. Instead of away white's I'd rather see silver replace the white scheme but either way this design is miles better than the boring home plate logo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad