GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I can't remember the last time management was fired during a season. Taylor and Lombardi were both fired in the offseason
Depends… they may want to make a trade and ownership says no. Blake is 100% the type to resign to save his ego! Then he puts the blame on ownership as he slams the door saying they didn’t want to win. Then look goes into full shark mode to save his ass.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If it were me I’d waive Englund, Fagemo and Copley.

Lee has earned a roster spot, as has Studnicka. Jones stays as he plays both sides.

Thats today… I reserve the right to change my mind after the next two games. I’m now waiting for a Fagemo hat-trick.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I don't think it will happen during the regular season. He might get one season after this IMO.

Beckerman wants post season success.
It’s hard to imagine a more disastrous showing than last year but he was not only not fired, he was given the green light to sign more vets with term. Blake is inevitable. I think he stays until at least 2026 as I don’t see ownership switching gears until after Kopi’s deal expires. BLuc probably knew that contract was their get out of jail free card the minute it was signed.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don't think it will happen during the regular season. He might get one season after this IMO.

Beckerman wants post season success.

It's very early but I think the Kings are going to the playoffs again and then its tough sledding once more.

Byfield and Fiala seem compatible. same with Laffy with KoKe.

Jeannot looks good and Dault makes linemates better.

Team toughness good.

So far Darc looks fine but its a long season as we saw with Talbot.

Since TMac was let go in season, if the team falters under Hiller, he would be let go and possiby Blake too.

Bergervin is waiting in the Kings wings.

He could be interim GM, or even longer.

But that might wait til the off season as you favor as well.
Losing Kupari and Iafallo doesn’t bother me. It’s Vilardi and the 2nd (Durzi).

Also, listen to Frank Seravalli talk about PLD. He thinks Dubois is horrible and it’s addition by subtraction.

I have been re-programmed and I am not sure what PLD is but I like BLT's

Durzi'd made too many mistakes like game 7 when he stood around waiting for a whistle and Edmonton scored the clinching goal, among many less

noteworthy gaffe's.

Ya Vilardi hurts but until is healthy all season and comes thru to help the Jets get to round 2, whatever.

The real positive is Byfield getting training wheeled successfully with KoKe.

And graduating to being Fiala's pivot.

Looks like your continued bird whistle for toughness was exposed, finally heard out there in the wilderness.

And it could be key to longer survival for the dog sled team and the individuals

racing it in the Stanley Cup Iditarod.

Mush!

Whatever moves Blake makes, I may express frustration or be happy.

Either way after that I am going to shut up and see what comes to fruition.

The thing I like is Blake is continuing to make moves.

Sometimes they work like Danault and sometimes they don't like Kovalchuk

Either way you have a clean bathroom or you flush it.

I definitely don't wanna take the chance of never getting to the playoffs like the Ducks recently or the Sabre's.

Full rebuilds are not the guarantee many make it out to be here.
hearing that blake got suited up, went onto the ice and had a 1 on 1 talk with PLD to show him how to 'battle' was the cherry on the shit-pie. its so embarrassing that he thought it would change anything about PLD's game.....did they not do ANY scouting beforehand?!?! regardless of how excited i am for this season, Blake better be kicked the f*** out come July

Actually it was a good move in many ways.

Blake was taking responsibility and going above and beyond, it says something to the team and the other individuals.

It couldn't hurt as the Hindenberg was already catching fire.

He could also assess BLT up close and gage his reaction when confronted, to help make a decision for a hasty dump before the NMC.

Say what you want Blake lays eggs, some are gold, or maybe silver or bronze but if they are mud he flushes them.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Depends… they may want to make a trade and ownership says no. Blake is 100% the type to resign to save his ego! Then he puts the blame on ownership as he slams the door saying they didn’t want to win. Then look goes into full shark mode to save his ass.

Unlikely, Blake knows if he did this he probably would not get another GM NHL gig.

He is better off continuing to keep the motor re-build going and swapping out parts for improved performance as he goes.

Not making the playoffs would have really opened Blake up to getting axed a lot more.

I wouldn't hastily waive Fagemo for lower ceiling journey men.

I thought he is showing signs of potential improvement, if utilized correctly .

If you lose a high end offensive guy, you my need to give him a real shot.

I like C Jo too, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad