GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Saw several things on facebook (yeah, I know) that said you guys might be looking for a center now?

True? False? Complete and utter BS? Half true?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Saw several things on facebook (yeah, I know) that said you guys might be looking for a center now?

Maybe in 2 years after Kopitar retires, but not now. The Kings need a young Patrick Kane winger that is right handed.

Centers: Kopitar (1C), Byfield (2/3C), Danault (3/2C), Turcotte/Thomas/Helenius (4C)

Edit: there are some good scoring wingers coming up this offseason (Boeser, Konecny, Ehlers) and maybe a kid like Zegras might become available too.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

One of our local writers suggested they might be looking to upgrade the 4th line center role because the team might see both Turcotte and Thomas as wingers and there's no way Lewis is being moved back to center. But ultimately I don't think that happens and we have a future 4th line center practically inches away from making the NHL. If they move Byfield back up to Kopitar's wing (which isn't out of the realm of possibility), they may look to bring in a center, but again I think its unlikely.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
One of our local writers suggested they might be looking to upgrade the 4th line center role because the team might see both Turcotte and Thomas as wingers and there's no way Lewis is being moved back to center. But ultimately I don't think that happens and we have a future 4th line center practically inches away from making the NHL. If they move Byfield back up to Kopitar's wing (which isn't out of the realm of possibility), they may look to bring in a center, but again I think its unlikely.
Penguins are a tad heavy in the bottom 6 center category with Hayes, Eller, Acciari, Glass, and possibly Poulin. I bet you could get one of the first three for a song.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Hey SEALBound! Welcome to our little corner

To answer your question...
Utter BS

Byfield was moved to Center and Jeannot and Warrren "Mia K's biggest fan" Foegele as wings to replace PLDufus and Arrrrrviddson

Reactions: SEALBound

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Vasilevsky had the athleticism to sprawl and make saves he shouldn't though. Portillo hasn't shown any of that. Watch the two goals from the Utah game. The first one, he just gets stuck in place trying to move laterally to make the save. The second he goes down, has no idea where the rebound is and makes has no chance to make the save because he lost the puck.

When Portillo starts making saves like this:

Then we can talk about the Vasilevsky comparison. Because I don't see it at all right now.

I mean watched the game as well

The 1st goal he got far out of the net to square the shooter and it was actually the defender who was out of position.
To get this Portillo would have had to do a 30 feet sliding splits.

The 2nd one was a rebound right against the chest of an opponent close to the goal line.

Both goals issue is actually the defender positioning not Portillo.

I have to admit, that my expectations for goalies is to just save the savable, my goalie doesn't need those super star saves.
If you lose a game, where the goalie saves all the savables, the goalie is not the issue

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I mean watched the game as well

The 1st goal he got far out of the net to square the shooter and it was actually the defender who was out of position.
To get this Portillo would have had to do a 30 feet sliding splits.

The 2nd one was a rebound right against the chest of an opponent close to the goal line.

Both goals issue is actually the defender positioning not Portillo.

I have to admit, that my expectations for goalies is to just save the savable, my goalie doesn't need those super star saves.
If you lose a game, where the goalie saves all the savables, the goalie is not the issue

Good because the Kings really don't have that type of goaltender.

I like Ports form, Englund was a bit slow to react.

He did look a bit out of position if there had been better rebounds against him.

Not sure how Copley looks but I would measure Ports against him.

Likely giving Ports the Reign runway and first call up given his age and progress.

THe Kings should try to sneak guys down on the first cut rather than waiting til when teams have less guys and more evaluation on their camps.

I heard the 4th C rumor.

Just pick one up on the camps waiver wires.

like I said the next cut is the one to try to sneak guys through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad