GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
IMG_1821.gif

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Oh no. Them and the 100 other companies that have my name, last 4 digits of my credit card, date of birth and address. The horror.
I mean you can minimize it if you like, but the fact that the Oilers (among the richest teams in the league) force their fans to sign up for a (temporarily free) pay service is really quite low on their part, while fans of other teams get to watch with one click for free. Grubbing for every dime they can squeeze out of the fans on preseason games is a bad look and a big turn off for a lot of people.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I mean you can minimize it if you like, but the fact that the Oilers (among the richest teams in the league) force their fans to sign up for a (temporarily free) pay service is really quite low on their part, while fans of other teams get to watch with one click for free. Grubbing for every dime they can squeeze out of the fans on preseason games is a bad look and a big turn off for a lot of people.

Other teams get it on TV - except us. That’s the biggest piss off.

The Oilers trying to monetize their own media, but offering the service for free during the one time of year when the masses might actually be incentivized to pay doesn’t offend me.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

The Oilers trying to monetize their own media, but offering the service for free during the one time of year when the masses might actually be incentivized to pay doesn’t offend me.
At least they got rid of PPV games? I guess those did get the family together though which is totally priceless

Reactions: K1984 and BlackDogg

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

The fact that it's "free" right now and pre-season games aren't just shown for free regardless is the worst part. Imagine if they didn't have the "free" pre-season code and you're paying to watch the Oilers C team

Reactions: soothsayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad