GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No there isnt
We have 5 preseason games after tonight.
Also, what if we throw 2 young guys with Draisaitl and it catches fire. Being able to then run a vet line with Skinner, Arvidsson and Henrique is crazy depth.
At the end of the day one of the ways we have failed our offensive prospects is not seeing what they have with a real offensive center.
Draisaitl is one of the most adaptable centers in the league with linemates. He has usually had a revolving door of them and can make most things work. He is the perfect guy to try this with.
Imho Hyman and Nuge have chemistry. If Skinner and Arvidsson have chemistry thats ideal as we can swap centers with winger pairs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In many ways Draisaitl is easier to play with for a kid. Away from McDavid he slows down his game and becomes more of a playmaker. McDavid is high octane requiring guys to either think the game at an exceptionally high level to adjust to his pace as Leon does or to simplify their game, just go to the net and be ready. The former is asking a lot of a kid and the latter is not necessarily the style they play.
Draisaitl is the perfect guy to play with our youth as he has made guys like McLeod and Foegele look far better than they are. He is a much easier center to play with than McDavid for a skilled guy.

My response is in #24.

Why by the way is Draisaitl so special in this regard? He might be one of the best in the league at adjusting his game to his linemates.
He absolutely is.
And like, if Draisaitl wasn't down with this there is zero way he would be doing it. I think winger combos are what this team looks at more than center/winger combos. Nuge/Hyman, Skinner/Arvidsson, Brown/Janmark.

Lavoie - Draisaitl - Savoie could be interesting.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Looks like the 2nd unit PP is getting a full game together to build some chemistry.

Curious what they mean by prospects, do Podkolzin and Lavoie count? Or do you put him with O'Reilly and Savoie where they can get some exposure playing next to an elite player before camp ramps up and they want the projected top 6 getting as many reps together as possible?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looks like the 2nd unit PP is getting a full game together to build some chemistry.

Curious what they mean by prospects, does Podkolzin count? Or do you put him with O'Reilly and Savoie where they can get some exposure playing next to an elite player before camp ramps up and they want the projected top 6 getting as many reps together as possible?
Im thinking Savoie and Lavoie. Both guys imho have a shot to make the team and if you could find a hot combo of one of them with Draisaitl, that would free up one of Arvidsson/Skinner to play with Henrique making the team more dangerous in the top 9.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
In many ways Draisaitl is easier to play with for a kid. Away from McDavid he slows down his game and becomes more of a playmaker. McDavid is high octane requiring guys to either think the game at an exceptionally high level to adjust to his pace as Leon does or to simplify their game, just go to the net and be ready. The former is asking a lot of a kid and the latter is not necessarily the style they play.

I agree with you that Draisaitl is easier to play with. But I’d be surprised if this is the reasoning if Gregors lines turn out to be correct.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Tonight is the Stanley Cup for Flames fans.

It's possible that there may be a parade if they manage to stay competitive against the McDavid/Leon lineup up here, and there will certainly be a parade if/when their "NHL" lineup beats the Oilers AHL lineup down south.

Reactions: Oilhawks

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Annd Gregor is still shit

1727112881411.png

Reactions: Sanchez

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Im thinking Savoie and Lavoie. Both guys imho have a shot to make the team and if you could find a hot combo of one of them with Draisaitl, that would free up one of Arvidsson/Skinner to play with Henrique making the team more dangerous in the top 9.

That's a good bet.

I was listening to GYB and there was a point Brown made about Lavoie referencing his time with Pittsburgh where Steve Maltais(?) had a good preseason game, but he was LHS and was never going to take Jagr's office regardless of how many PP goals scored, so he needed to find another way onto the roster.

But I think that misses the point that the Oil lack RH shooters. Hyman can score goals, but 90% of his are going to be from within 10ft of the net or off the rush; Arvidsson's their only RHS I trust to set up in the LW faceoff score and actually be a threat to score from distance like this (the one at 3:20 being my favourite, but the 4min mark has several in a row). Lavoie brings a skillset the Oil don't have a duplicate of.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Since he already signed the extension they can throw anyone they want on his line.

Hoffman - Draisaitl - Perry

Have fun Draisaitl :sarcasm:
Wouldn't it be ironic if, even after getting Skinner and Arvidsson, Draisaitl still somehow gets stuck with two duds...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad