GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I dunno man, the cool BUF fans that came and posted reviews of the player for our benefit weren't very complimentary about certain aspects. I can see why. It's only for a year but this guy doesn't give off vibes of a player you rely on in the playoffs, when the games are far tighter defensively and even small mistakes get magnified 100x. Doesn't even look like a proper one shot scorer, which was his one tool.
I have to say, in the limited games I have watched, I barely know Jeff SKinner is playing.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Already having to go to the Connor / Leon combo in preseason, just to try and jumpstart an anemic and disinterested looking lineup.
They are a good combo to have at times. We shouldn't view it as a bad thing while we have our improved forward depth

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I have to say, in the limited games I have watched, I barely know Jeff SKinner is playing.
Yeah man... completely invisible. Some here were grasping at straws claiming he was making good passes but.. really? Guy is a complete non-factor in every aspect and when he has been in prime shooting spots he's either mishandled or muffed the shots. Not impressed at all.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Our defense sucks, they can't move the puck, things will not get better until we move some of these bums out.

We'll handle the bottom dwellers but Vancouver isolates our D and cashes in on the limited opportunities they get.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Puljujarvi got another 3 pts tonight :sarcasm:
I was looking at the Pens lineup the other day. They have a lot of good young Finnish players. Maybe Puljujarvi can at last find a spot in the league where he feels at home. I’m not going to hate on the kid. It would be nice to see him have a good season. Down east. Where it barely affects the Oilers.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I kept fast forwarding until I shut it off. I'm ready for bed lol.

How has Emberson looked?
IMG_1883.jpeg

Also

IMG_1884.jpeg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Our defense sucks, they can't move the puck, things will not get better until we move some of these bums out.

We'll handle the bottom dwellers but Vancouver isolates our D and cashes in on the limited opportunities they get.
It is weird how we boosted our forward depth, which wasn't a problem, and to do so we cut our spending and quality on D, which was our weakness

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Don't really see it with Stecher. He is just so meh everywhere. I wouldn't mind him as a #7 I guess, but I don't want him to be a fixture in line up, at all.

Not that I want Brown or Dermott either, just seen a lot of comments saying they want Stecher beside Nurse, but I don't see it. Rasmus Andersson would look so good on this team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Don't really see it with Stecher. He is just so meh everywhere. I wouldn't mind him as a #7 I guess, but I don't want him to be a fixture in line up, at all.

Not that I want Brown or Dermott either, just seen a lot of comments saying they want Stecher beside Nurse, but I don't see it. Rasmus Andersson would look so good on this team.
It's not Stecher vs Andersson. It's Stecher vs Dermott or Emberson. Andersson isn't for sale

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
who f***ing cares about Broberg now he's f***ing gone and we're left with Kulak the cooked and his spirit squad

Apparently you f***ing do. jumping in between a convo that didn't involve you. He's gaaabage, I know it burns but it's the truth. Watch this spirit squad take this team to the finals again and brobeans paid $4.5 mil getting careened into end boards with his head down.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad