GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Skinner being outplayed by the backup. Happens a lot.

I shut it off in the second. I was out and recorded it.

I hope these guys show up on WED because they have looked like they give zero sh**s in the pre-season

2nd line looks to have zero chemistry.

Reactions: Duke74

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Should probably try

Drai - McD - Hyman
Skinner - RNH - Arvidsson

At some point.
who do you got on defense and how do we get them ?

the Oilers are playing handicapped with this group they have

it's going to be sad to see gang gang accept this as the regular season progresses

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This is what happens when you lose 4 of your top 5 skaters in one summer. All of our team speed is dead and we're now the oldest and slowest team in the league (albeit highly skilled)
It's the chemistry as well.

McLeod
Foegele
Holloway
Kane (not gone but out for a long time)
Broberg
Ceci
Desharnais

That's 7 pieces shuffled out and a bunch of new faces in to replace them. It's obviously going to take a while to get everyone on the same page and some of that bonding the team had through the long playoff grind to the finals is reduced now as well.

It's basically a team rebuilding itself again to get the chemistry back to try and get back to what they had over those long and grinding 25 playoff games... easier said than done.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyJoeDavola

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
The first goal looked like it tipped off of Hyman. 2nd goal it looked like 2 guys stupidly went to the puck carrier leaving Soucy wide open. 3rd goal was the Surrey Jack doing what Drai usually does 2 games in a row now. Open net one timer from the side

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Give him time. He still has the Buffalo stink on him.
I dunno man, the cool BUF fans that came and posted reviews of the player for our benefit weren't very complimentary about certain aspects. I can see why. It's only for a year but this guy doesn't give off vibes of a player you rely on in the playoffs, when the games are far tighter defensively and even small mistakes get magnified 100x. Doesn't even look like a proper one shot scorer, which was his one tool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad