GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Listened to stauffer, he does not sound confident about this group. He is now saying Broberg and Holloway were big losses.
I mean I really liked Holloway and Broberg had the potential to be a legit top 4 guy. That said we made it to the playoffs basically without them. We could use an upgrade on D and another fast and physical guy that can score (Kane) up front. That said, unless an improvement is incoming stop sounding the alarm bell and just go out there and set the tone by outworking the other teams. We'll need Skinner to be sharp while we work the bugs out.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Their defense is not poor lol it actually looks good on paper and when games count will gel more. And it's so useless going down schedule and prediction how tough or easy their schedule is at a certain time. You take a game at a time and pretty sure those so called tough teams are calling oilers a tough team. Take a deep breath lol
The defense is not poor it's horrible... watch the game then afterwards explain to me how you can say the defense isn't really bad.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
On the LW I don't feel like Janmark or Podkolzin will be good enough game in and out to be considered an above average 3LW.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Recently cut some cords so to speak and have no access to SN right now.

Does anybody use the Amazon Prime Sportsnet channel and does it work okay? not having to get yet another app is appealing to me.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
One more hour... see you guys on the ice ...

the next bus back to the Vancouver boards isnt until 2 hours, cool if I watch the first period here ?

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Recently cut some cords so to speak and have no access to SN right now.

Does anybody use the Amazon Prime Sportsnet channel and does it work okay? not having to get yet another app is appealing to me.
In my experience the prime channel works way better than the sportsnet app, which is often lagging and takes forever to buffer. I have the best wifi from telus at my place and the sportsnet app sucks for me anyway.

Reactions: NedPlimpton

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I mean I really liked Holloway and Broberg had the potential to be a legit top 4 guy. That said we made it to the playoffs basically without them. We could use an upgrade on D and another fast and physical guy that can score (Kane) up front. That said, unless an improvement is incoming stop sounding the alarm bell and just go out there and set the tone by outworking the other teams. We'll need Skinner to be sharp while we work the bugs out.
It's not even the current value or potential. Both were not essential last season and can probably be replaced this year and beyond by Arvidsson/Skinner/Emberson. What they lost is potential cap savings if they managed to sign these two players to inexpensive bridge contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad