GDT: Preseason Game 7: Red Wings vs sens 10/4/24 7pm et

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Hopefully Kane isn’t hurt. I don’t think I noticed him back on the ice after the cross check. But I think it was PK and then OT mostly so he likely wouldn’t have been out anyways.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I'm waiting to see the first 10 games. But I mean you can do it any time you want to.
Not that it matters to anyone here, but I’ve had a big issue with him going back to last season. With the lead we had in points it’s honestly atrocious we didn’t make the playoffs last year and we blew it. We also lost every big game we needed to win. I just do not have confidence in him, and our teams underlying analytics were very bad. Common sense says we will likely regress as we were being carried by unsustainable shooting percentages, and our defense still is pretty bad overall. To me lalonde has always seemed kinda over his head as a head coach.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Not that it matters but I’ve had an issue with him going back to last season. With the lead we had in points it’s honestly atrocious we didn’t make the playoffs last year and blew it. We also lost every big game we needed to win. I just do not have confidence in him, and our teams underlying analytics are very bad.
Won't get any argument from me. I'm waiting to see this team defense they have been preaching to death in the offseason. If they stink it up in the first 10 games and look like last season then I'll fully be on the new coach train.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Haha this team still lives rent free in their heads even in preseason. Wtf? Is this what we're doing now? Still haven't won a game with basically our regulars in yet. Jesus. Not saying it's all for nothing but....hey I hope to God we keep the f***in puck outta our net more this year somehow

I do like Kasper though. Seems like the only player out there giving a shit

Reactions: lilidk

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
So when is it okay to start questioning lalonde. This has been a reoccurring problem for awhile now under his coaching. The team clearly has issues coming prepared and being focused under him. A ton of blown leads.
Didn’t see the game tonight, but I’ve been saying since the start of last season that Lalonde is nothing more than Blashill part deux.

Chances are he’ll finish the season behind the bench, but with this season being the last under contract I’m hoping he won’t return.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Didn’t see the game tonight, but I’ve been saying since the start of last season that Lalonde is nothing more than Blashill part deux.

Chances are he’ll finish the season behind the bench, but with this season being the last under contract I’m hoping he won’t return.
1728102494816.gif

Reactions: FMichael

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
So when is it okay to start questioning lalonde. This has been a reoccurring problem for awhile now under his coaching. The team clearly has issues coming prepared and being focused under him. A ton of blown leads.
Not at all dismissing your valid reason to be questioning the coach’s abilities, but it is only preseason.

I think if the team starts 2-8 to start the season we see a quick coaching change.

I don’t think this team wins anything with Lalonde as a coach. I’ve said it countless times, he’s a placeholder for when the team is ready to compete and when that time comes Yzerman and co will hire somebody with a lot more experience.

Uncle Fester is best suited as an associate coach so it seems.

But hey who knows, maybe he guides the team to the promise land this year…. What do I know…?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When games actually matter and the team underperforms relative to roster talent.
Both fair criteria. I would add the requirement of improved in-game management this season, since that has been a weakness of his and is related more to philosophy than roster talent.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

personally i've always more or less viewed the first season for any new coach(in any sport not just Hockey) as more or less a write off to settle in, and preseason is preseason i'm not gonna read much into a players performance let alone a coaches

so i'd say next week is when things really start there

Reactions: deca guard

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I see my boy Sebrango got the game-tying goal. Still not sure DeBrincat was worth it.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Should accidently get a PP goal by now. Still don't like Gustafsson.
Get used to Gustafsson. They said it repeatedly on the broadcast, just takes a little reading between the lines. Kane got Gus to sign here, Kane raves about Gus's set up passes, Kane will get the coaches to keep playing him on that top unit. Our coaches will roll to the wishes of a player of Kane's caliber. Still sickens me to see him wearing that sweater, and now he is setting the lines he wants. Newsy doesn't have the balls to second guess Patrick Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad