GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I mean Rodrigues looking really not ready isn't ideal. Even if it was just an off night for him or what not.

Its so hard to know with goaltending.

I remember seeing Brossoit and thinking he couldn’t track a puck. He was able to carve out a pretty good career.

Even with Skinner was some training camps where he didn’t look NHL ready.

Sometimes things eventually click for goalies. But Rodrigues starting to get to that age where he needs to show it. Not a great camp for him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I remember seeing Brossoit and thinking he couldn’t track a puck. He was able to carve out a pretty good career.

Sometimes things eventually click for goalies. But Rodrigues starting to get to that age where he needs to show it. Not a great camp for him.
For sure, I don't disagree, it's just a really tough look against alot of NHL competition for Rodrigue. I'm not saying quit on him, but I would look for a veteran to be back if Pickard's still out for a bit.

Reactions: tardigrade81

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Welp let’s see what happens Friday.

Off to watch Survivor but I think Rodrigue gets voted off the island tonight in Oiler land.

I think Friday will be a good tell of where we are at.

The Nucks, good or bad, bring energy to their games, even in pre-season. Last pre-season we half assed it in Vancouver with pretty comparable lineups if I recall, and we got smoked. Then we proceeded to get smoked in the first regular season game when we decided to bring approximately the same degree of effort as the pre-season game.

Until this group actually shows up and brings it for once without effectively being forced into it after embarrassing themselves, I will always assume that the start will be uneven. I have no idea why it is, but they always, always need to be kicked in the balls before they play the right way.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024

The Nucks, good or bad, bring energy to their games, even in pre-season. Last pre-season we half assed it in Vancouver with pretty comparable lineups if I recall, and we got smoked. Then we proceeded to get smoked in the first regular season game when we decided to bring approximately the same degree of effort as the pre-season game.

Until this group actually shows up and brings it for once without effectively being forced into it after embarrassing themselves, I will always assume that the start will be uneven. I have no idea why it is, but they always, always need to be kicked in the balls before they play the right way.
Unfortunately this team likes to ease its way back into the grind instead of going in hard, that week off before the cup final was a huge disadvantage for us because of that.

Reactions: Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Unfortunately this team likes to ease its way back into the grind instead of going in hard, that week off before the cup final was a huge disadvantage for us because of that.

They ease their way into everything. 3/4 series in the playoffs we eased into, regardless of the amount of time off prior.

Reactions: On The Prowl

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Sad. I would like to see him do well, but at 24 if he isn’t showing signs it might be too late. Who knows

Then again… Brodeurs son is 28 or something and he played well two days ago so who knows

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
They ease their way into everything. 3/4 series in the playoffs we eased into, regardless of the amount of time off prior.
Maybe with all this experience they have now things will be different, hopefully they learned all the hard lessons last year and correct this issue.

Reactions: K1984

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Jack and bob seemed to think they werethe

Nah last preseason game will tell us zero. Sorry but preseason games are overrated for veterans. Only means something if you're fighting for a job. PRESEASON tells
us nothing about where we're at. 20 games into regular season will give us a clue. Just don't dig ourself a massive hole at the start like last year and we will be fine. Can't believe anyone actually gives a crap how veterans play in pre-season lol lol

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Nah last preseason game will tell us zero. Sorry but preseason games are overrated for veterans. Only means something if you're fighting for a job. PRESEASON tells
us nothing about where we're at. 20 games into regular season will give us a clue. Just don't dig ourself a massive hole at the start like last year and we will be fine. Can't believe anyone actually gives a crap how veterans play in pre-season lol lol
don't know why you quoted me, but agree with your post. Regulars are playing with less intensity and just going through game motions to get thier bodies going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad