GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I mean Rodrigues looking really not ready isn't ideal. Even if it was just an off night for him or what not.

Its so hard to know with goaltending.

I remember seeing Brossoit and thinking he couldn’t track a puck. He was able to carve out a pretty good career.

Even with Skinner was some training camps where he didn’t look NHL ready.

Sometimes things eventually click for goalies. But Rodrigues starting to get to that age where he needs to show it. Not a great camp for him.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Its so hard to know with goaltending.

I remember seeing Brossoit and thinking he couldn’t track a puck. He was able to carve out a pretty good career.

Even with Skinner was some training camps where he didn’t look NHL ready.

Sometimes things eventually click for goalies. But Rodrigues starting to get to that age where he needs to show it. Not a great camp for him.
For sure, I don't disagree, it's just a really tough look against alot of NHL competition for Rodrigue. I'm not saying quit on him, but I would look for a veteran to be back if Pickard's still out for a bit.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Welp let’s see what happens Friday.

Off to watch Survivor but I think Rodrigue gets voted off the island tonight in Oiler land.

I think Friday will be a good tell of where we are at.

The Nucks, good or bad, bring energy to their games, even in pre-season. Last pre-season we half assed it in Vancouver with pretty comparable lineups if I recall, and we got smoked. Then we proceeded to get smoked in the first regular season game when we decided to bring approximately the same degree of effort as the pre-season game.

Until this group actually shows up and brings it for once without effectively being forced into it after embarrassing themselves, I will always assume that the start will be uneven. I have no idea why it is, but they always, always need to be kicked in the balls before they play the right way.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad