GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Personally I'm pretty happy with Stecher... I've watched him before and he's a guy that works his bag off and doesn't take anything for granted... as you really can't when you are that size and no pedigree to fall back on as a 30 year old undrafted guy.

Sure I'd be a lot more comfortable if Emberson was more experienced as well instead of a big question mark who's played 30 games... but then again so was Broberg (who I was never high on to begin with and is certainly not worth $4.6 million at this stage) and also... the Oilers would have never gotten Emberson for peanuts if he was more proven in the NHL.

Every team has a few weaknesses at certain spots and Oilers have a few... RD on the 2nd pairing "might" be one... maybe... unless Emberson and/or Stecher look decent there... which is entirely possible but we won't know for sure until the season starts for real.

I'm possibly more worried about offense... Skinner/Arvidsson HAVE to click or it's all down to McDrai yet again. Hyman had 54... very likely won't repeat that and RNH had 18... maybe can expect 20 out of him. McDrai hopefully score more than the 73 they did last year or else this team will take a dip in offense.

Goaltending is only "ok"... but that duo will only go as far as the team offense and defense takes them as they are very average at best.

I'm just saying this right now doesn't feel like a team at the top of the league that's coming in hot from the 7th game in the SC finals. It feels like they are jetlagged and will take some time to get up to speed again especially with every team in the NHL clearly gunning for them every game they play. No easy games for the Oilers,

Reactions: foshizzle

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I hope the season starts soon so that it doesn’t jade my views on the team. This preseason has been quite ugly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad