GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
There's No real energy in your face momentum swinging speed line. Could be just the preseason, or it could be a real problem.

Too many slow prodding type guys right now. We have lost a ton of speed and it shows.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This was just their second, was it not?
I could be seeing double. Its felt like 3, lol
1727931379167.png

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I'm not really a barrie fan, but Dermott and Brown can't pass like him. A slow team needs a Dcorp that consistently make good passes. If Barrie isn't signed to the flames, maybe they should sign him asap?
Barrie isn’t a great outlet passer either. He skates better. Stetcher has shown (eye test and analytically) that he can exit the zone with regular success

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Was really hoping Rodrigue would up his game at some point, but he has seemingly plateaued and can't push it to the next level.

Will be interesting to see how he does down in Bakersfield this year.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Was really hoping Rodrigue would up his game at some point, but he has seemingly plateaued and can't push it to the next level.

Will be interesting to see how he does down in Bakersfield this year.

Maybe finally being the defacto number 1 guy down there and actually getting the lion share of games will help him develop.

Partly due to COVID, partly because of decisions by Chaulk (on back to backs, the other goalie would sometimes play both games) he has only played 90 games in the AHL. He has missed out on some development time.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
So why exactly is this a problem? They get to test drive a couple guys at a position that Ceci obviously wasn't good enough to play, and if it doesn't work out they add at the deadline.

Dusty is right..a cup contender hoping a dude with 30 games under his belt can hold his own until Accrued Cap Space can play 20 mins effectively

Who knows, he’s taking up a lot less of the cap.

I guess you’d rather just keep all the known players even if they’re not good enough, you’ll probably be pretty upset when Derek Ryan isn’t the 4C
Yes…Accrued Cap Space is hitting legendary status around here
I hope he’s can play effective minutes if Emberson can’t

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Dusty is right..a cup contender hoping a dude with 30 games under his belt can hold his own until Accrued Cap Space can play 20 mins effectively

I mean Dallas ran with Alex Petrovic as a regular D and Florida basically won the Cup with 3 good defensemen.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I’ve never seen someone so up in arms about the oilers trading a below average player.

Stecher played 18 minutes a game last year before coming to the oilers and has a longer track record than Emberson.

The oilers will be fine

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I mean Dallas ran with Alex Petrovic as a regular D and Florida basically won the Cup with 3 good defensemen.
Petrovic played 1 regular season game last year
Florida didn’t have a single player who played 30 NHL games in their top 4 all season

I’ve never seen someone so up in arms about the oilers trading a below average player.

Stecher played 18 minutes a game last year before coming to the oilers and has a longer track record than Emberson.

The oilers will be fine
I don’t give a shit they traded Ceci
I give a shit they didn’t upgrade on him

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And you’re so sure they did
Once they start allowing less than 6 goals a game, it’ll put my mind at ease
I’ve never said they upgraded him, I just don’t think his loss will be missed, emberson and stecher are much better at retrievals and exits than ceci, who was one of the worst in the NHL at that.

You clearly didn’t watch the game.

With a NHL quality goalie in net, they give up 2, maybe 3 at most tonight.

But blame it all on the defense that the goalie gives up 4 bad goals

And your mind won’t be at ease, it’ll be searching for something else to complain about.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Petrovic played 1 regular season game last year
Florida didn’t have a single player who played 30 NHL games in their top 4 all season

I don’t give a shit they traded Ceci
I give a shit they didn’t upgrade on him
By seasons end Emberson should have more NHL games played than Broberg had when he just about won a cup playing 15mins per game for the Oilers.

You give a shit about them not upgrading on him, but how exactly were they supposed to upgrade on him with 1 mil cap space? The only possible way to do it is later in the season.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad