GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Skinner missing his d-zone assignment. Seattle finishes ... again.

Oil looked slow tonight. Part of that is pretty disjointed play but part is they were slow.

Maybe they need to add to their 8 game pre-season...

The team speed is very concerning. Couple that with a huge hole(s) on RD and I have worries.

Reactions: foshizzle

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Dermott has been good offensively, but not particularly compelling in the defensive end. Not bad 7th d-guy.

Josh Brown looks hopelessly lost everywhere. Slow boots, gets knocked around, spends his time in the offensive zone trying not to get in the way. Truly awful 9th d-guy, shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. And yet...

I don't like the third line, might just be me. Slow, non-physical, not fast, not great at cycling.. maybe Podkolzin up to the third line? For variety?

I think Ryan and Perry probably rotate in and out of the line-up, which is not great, seeing they play different positions. Ryan's going from playing a bad game every 4 games > 3 games > every other game. Perry likely similar. It would be a lot easier to swap Ryan for Philp, Perry for Lavoie, but I imagine we'll send Philp down for waiver reasons. Run some line-ups with Podz or Janmark as the fourth line.

Rodrigue compelling outing to save himself a waiver pick-up. Not very good night for him, hope he bounces back in Bakersfield

As an aside, hate Chandler Stephenson, idk why.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I will give a pass to guys like Arvidsson and Skinner. Going from their own teams, into new systems and playing with Draisaitl will take a bit to get going. Especially cause their jobs are secured.
Guys who jobs aren’t showing bad at this part of the preseason…oh boy. I guess Josh Browns job has somehow been on lock since day 1 but that’s the Oilers for you.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
The Canucks are a model organization we should be trying to replicate?

Doesn't matter but he's right.

I've watched a lot of the Leafs and Sens preseason and was about to say the same thing. I can't watch 32 teams' preseason games but if we're running the same camp as Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa chances are that's just the M.O. of training camps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad