GDT: Preseason Game 6: Red Wings vs leafs 10/3/24 7pm et

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Lmao well I'd be thankful this team had a 25 year playoff streak and won 4 Stanley Cups in that time with one of the most historic dynasties in NHL history. We were bound to have a prolonged bad time after that but it's gotten better over the last 5 years since Yzerman took over

You can say whatever you want about his drafting and roster moves. However you, like the rest of us, have literally no idea whether or not we make the playoffs this year. So dwelling on every little detail that happens ain't gonna be good on you

But carry on if that's what you enjoy doing
If we had a few bad years, sure. In fact believe it or not, I was chipper until people started synonymously associating losing with the Wings. At some point, when you’ve been so bad for over 10 years now, and it’s looks like more of the same, the frustration becomes unbearable.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
If we had a few bad years, sure. In fact believe it or not, I was chipper until people started synonymously associating losing with the Wings. At some point, when you’ve been so bad for over 10 years now, and it’s looks like more of the same, the frustration becomes unbearable.

I pretty much ignored it '17-'19. We have a shot at the post season. These are better times.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Team just isn't clicking yet, tons of pucks hitting sticks, getting bobbled, anything that can disrupt play is happening.

Sloppy play for sure, but there is time to clean it up, would like for it to start tomorrow night.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Imo, Red Wings was better on that match. Pucks just didn't find the net.

xGoals DET 2.24 - 1.49 TOR

What comes to pre-season "points", for example... NY Rangers was the worst team at last pre-season, winning only 1/6 of their games.

Then they did win the President's Trophy.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I kind of wish we kept Ghost. Unpopular opinion.
I am with you. I tend to prefer familiarity, so my gut reaction to most players is "keep them". That's not realistic though, which is why Stevie stopped calling me for advice on trades and such a while back. :)

My hockey-fan brain knows that we all have at least one more year of encouraging the young prospects to grow up through the aging layers of veteran rentals, and that any improvements in the standings are secondary while that is happening. Then they'll be gitgud enough to attract a few powerhouse talents, then they're competitive for realsies.

I know that's the plan on the whiteboard.

But my regular brain wants to stop needing to memorize new jersey numbers and names and see some success with "my guys!" from the previous season. It's hard out there for a fan. :)

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Another year of a Petry & Chariot pairing 🤮

100% disagree.

IF Ed can handle going against the top line, this is a huge win for the Wings. Chiarot can anchor the 2nd pairing. Petry is hit an miss, but AJo may surprise the group and grow into a smooth skating #4. He or Gus. Detroit becomes much deeper on D if they can push Chiarot off the top pairing, but only if Mo doesn't have to cover for Ed.

Funny how we all see the game. I came here just to say how thrilled I was to see the Mo/Ed pairing I have been hoping for since camp opened. (unfortunately, Ed didn't look great last night.)

• Haha
Reactions: The Flying Octopus

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We are deep in forward and goaltender position , trade some of them for top 4 defansman

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
100% disagree.

IF Ed can handle going against the top line, this is a huge win for the Wings. Chiarot can anchor the 2nd pairing. Petry is hit an miss, but AJo may surprise the group and grow into a smooth skating #4. He or Gus. Detroit becomes much deeper on D if they can push Chiarot off the top pairing, but only if Mo doesn't have to cover for Ed.

Funny how we all see the game. I came here just to say how thrilled I was to see the Mo/Ed pairing I have been hoping for since camp opened. (unfortunately, Ed didn't look great last night.)
Unfortunately his coach hasn't played him since the first game for some weird reason. He wasn't at his best but I really liked what I saw from him and seider together. Now if lalonde keeps going with it and they get more chemistry it'd be even better. This should have been happening all pre season. But that's on lalonde.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Unfortunately his coach hasn't played him since the first game for some weird reason. He wasn't at his best but I really liked what I saw from him and seider together. Now if lalonde keeps going with it and they get more chemistry it'd be even better. This should have been happening all pre season. But that's on lalonde.
Really? Maybe I didn't see it, but I didn't like the two of them together all that much last night, seemed liked they tried too hard to set a physical tone and took a bunch of penalties together.

Some cheap calls sure, but can't have your top pair spending that much time in the box.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Really? Maybe I didn't see it, but I didn't like the two of them together all that much last night, seemed liked they tried too hard to set a physical tone and took a bunch of penalties together.

Some cheap calls sure, but can't have your top pair spending that much time in the box.
But when there were other rushes against them they were able to shut it down pretty effortlessly. And quick transitions. Again I think ed wasn't at his best last night and there's some chemistry kinks to iron out but it'll pay off long term imo.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad