GDT: Preseason Game 6: Red Wings vs leafs 10/3/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Kasper making the team means he’s getting top nine minutes. That means someone like Fischer is dropping down the lineup. I just don’t see a scenario where Berggren has a spot in that scenario, because I don’t see the team waiving Fischer or Motte.
Can see them waiving Berggren if Kasper is 100% ready to play top 9.

Fischer goes onto 4th line with Veleno and Motte.

Hoping that Berggren actually is what some are hoping of him to be, but thus far it looks like his NHL aspiration is hanging on by a hair.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Be dumb to waive berggren, rather lose veleno who'll be just another expensive 4th liner. Motte copp fischer Rasmussen can be better 4th line options

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Rasmussen compher berggren
Motte copp fischer

Rather go with that. The current 3rd line of Rasmussen copp fischer line is a 4th line to me

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
The twin towers Ed and Seider makes me wet
hotpiss.JPG

Reactions: 13to40

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Be dumb to waive berggren, rather lose veleno who'll be just another expensive 4th liner. Motte copp fischer Rasmussen can be better 4th line options

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Motte copp fischer

Rather go with that. The current 3rd line of Rasmussen copp fischer line is a 4th line to me
Don’t disagree how Veleno is an expensive 4th liner, but he is able to play in his own end and is of value because of it. If Burger isn’t in a top 9, preferably top 6 role, he is a liability out there in a checking position. He’s not defensively sound.

I think it’s at the minimal top 9 or bust for Burger.

Preferably top 6 or bust.

Copp being on the 4th line is probably the biggest waste of $$, worse than having Veleno on the team and Burger waived imo.

Personally I’d also like to see Ras be in the top 6. Play him as a “piano puller”. He’s a big body who can win a lot of puck battles in the corner and provide a great screen for the scorers in the top 6. Ideally I think he’s a 2nd line player with limited PP time (again positioned in front of the net).

Wouldn’t at all be opposed to having 5F on PP1, would much rather that then see Gus on it…

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Yea I don't see them rotating Kasper in and out of the lineup. Far and away from how they have been developing their prospects.

I completely agree that if he makes the team he’s playing meaningful minutes. If we had a healthy scratch forward, at times it’s nice to have the option to give rookies nights off on back to backs as they acclimate to the NHL schedule, is moreso what I mean.
I don't see them waiving Berggren. Better to waive Holl. We have enough defensemen up.

In a vacuum I probably agree. I wonder if they’re concerned that waiving Holl will negatively impact the organization’s ability to bring in free agents, which we already struggle with. I’m still confused by the backlog on defense, frankly.

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Motte copp fischer

Veleno played 80 games last season, Berggren 12. The organization just signed Veleno for 2x2.75 and Berggren for 1x.825.

The notion that Yzerman would ditch Veleno before Berggren is, in my eyes, not supported by the evidence the organization has provided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gniwder

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I assume this is going be the last preseason game for most of the lineup regulars, so this is basically the "dress rehearsal" for the season. I doubt they play any of the regulars on a back-to-back against Ottawa tomorrow, and the last preseason game on the road against Toronto has historically been a prospect and AHLer lineup.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
In a vacuum I probably agree. I wonder if they’re concerned that waiving Holl will negatively impact the organization’s ability to bring in free agents, which we already struggle with. I’m still confused by the backlog on defense, frankly.

If Kasper makes the opening roster, someone is getting traded even if it means max retention or adding a sweetener. For example, Burger/AlJo could be packaged with a Holl/Husso cap dump.

Typically what happens in the NHL is that the vets make the opening night roster, then the top prospect (Kasper) gets promoted when a midseason trade or injuries happen. Holl and Husso are bottom end players, but could be useful for a team with injuries.

I don't think Stevie is going into the season thinking Kane is gonna play 82 games anyways. Kasper will get his chance.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Don’t disagree how Veleno is an expensive 4th liner, but he is able to play in his own end and is of value because of it. If Burger isn’t in a top 9, preferably top 6 role, he is a liability out there in a checking position. He’s not defensively sound.

I think it’s at the minimal top 9 or bust for Burger.

Preferably top 6 or bust.

Copp being on the 4th line is probably the biggest waste of $$, worse than having Veleno on the team and Burger waived imo.

Personally I’d also like to see Ras be in the top 6. Play him as a “piano puller”. He’s a big body who can win a lot of puck battles in the corner and provide a great screen for the scorers in the top 6. Ideally I think he’s a 2nd line player with limited PP time (again positioned in front of the net).

Wouldn’t at all be opposed to having 5F on PP1, would much rather that then see Gus on it…
I dont think berggren will be here longterm unless nygaard kasper danielson mazur etc... bust I do think he can play. He popped 15 goals a few yrs back we should be building up his value

He should be top 9 this year imo. I dont care about veleno if I'm being honest,I'd deal him now while he has any value. He wont be here longterm. As for copp it is what it is both he and compher are bottom 6 guys, we shouldn't have them on 3rd line together.

Eat money to move copp or put him on the 4th where hes destined to be(rasmussen likely joins him) does anyone think copp should be top 9 after this year over danielson mazur ,possibly nygard? Yzerman f***ed up. It is what it is

You mentioned rasmussen top 6 I cant see how he passes debrincat raymond kane tarasenko . And next year if mlkane returns and mazur and one of danielson kasper compher go to wing where does Rasmussen go? He'll be another expensive 4th line guy ... I like him but I can't see him being a top 9 guy for 4 years of his contract

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
I completely agree that if he makes the team he’s playing meaningful minutes. If we had a healthy scratch forward, at times it’s nice to have the option to give rookies nights off on back to backs as they acclimate to the NHL schedule, is moreso what I mean.

Veleno played 80 games last season, Berggren 12. The organization just signed Veleno for 2x2.75 and Berggren for 1x.825.

The notion that Yzerman would ditch Veleno before Berggren is, in my eyes, not supported by the evidence the organization has provided.
Probably right but I think it's a wrong call. In 2 years theres a very good chance Rasmussen veleno copp will be the most expensive 4th line unless he moves guys or our prospects bust

I dont even think berggren is here longterm but hes better than a 4th liner imo and we should build up his value. Putting berggren on a 4th line guarantees he'll fail. Veleno is overpaid for 4th line duties and he wont be here longterm

Much rather go with a younger higher upside line in Rasmussen kasper berggren line (if compher is slated 2c) or even mazur if he were to make it and go with the likes of copp motte Fischer on the 4th

Wtf do I know though it's just my opinion... I dont think a 3rd line of copp Rasmussen fischer gets a single guy in the 40 pt mark

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Probably right but I think it's a wrong call. In 2 years theres a very good chance Rasmussen veleno copp will be the most expensive 4th line unless he moves guys or our prospects bust

I dont even think berggren is here longterm but hes better than a 4th liner imo and we should build up his value. Putting berggren on a 4th line guarantees he'll fail. Veleno is overpaid for 4th line duties and he wont be here longterm

Much rather go with a younger higher upside line in Rasmussen kasper berggren line (if compher is slated 2c) or even mazur if he were to make it and go with the likes of copp motte Fischer on the 4th

Wtf do I know though it's just my opinion... I dont think a 3rd line of copp Rasmussen fischer gets a single guy in the 40 pt mark
i think the most likely outcome is that we trade several high end prospects for the next superstar that becomes available. danielson, augustine, wallinder, berggren, 1st for an extended kaprizov?

kaprizov - larkin - raymond
debrincat - kasper - mbn
buchelnikov - lombardi - rasmussen
soderblom - compher - mazur
copp

johansson - seider
edvinsson - asp
cleveland - johansson
buium

cossa
vet

Ad