GDT: Preseason Game 6: Red Wings vs leafs 10/3/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Kasper making the team means he’s getting top nine minutes. That means someone like Fischer is dropping down the lineup. I just don’t see a scenario where Berggren has a spot in that scenario, because I don’t see the team waiving Fischer or Motte.
Can see them waiving Berggren if Kasper is 100% ready to play top 9.

Fischer goes onto 4th line with Veleno and Motte.

Hoping that Berggren actually is what some are hoping of him to be, but thus far it looks like his NHL aspiration is hanging on by a hair.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Be dumb to waive berggren, rather lose veleno who'll be just another expensive 4th liner. Motte copp fischer Rasmussen can be better 4th line options

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Rasmussen compher berggren
Motte copp fischer

Rather go with that. The current 3rd line of Rasmussen copp fischer line is a 4th line to me

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
The twin towers Ed and Seider makes me wet
hotpiss.JPG

Reactions: 13to40

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Be dumb to waive berggren, rather lose veleno who'll be just another expensive 4th liner. Motte copp fischer Rasmussen can be better 4th line options

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Motte copp fischer

Rather go with that. The current 3rd line of Rasmussen copp fischer line is a 4th line to me
Don’t disagree how Veleno is an expensive 4th liner, but he is able to play in his own end and is of value because of it. If Burger isn’t in a top 9, preferably top 6 role, he is a liability out there in a checking position. He’s not defensively sound.

I think it’s at the minimal top 9 or bust for Burger.

Preferably top 6 or bust.

Copp being on the 4th line is probably the biggest waste of $$, worse than having Veleno on the team and Burger waived imo.

Personally I’d also like to see Ras be in the top 6. Play him as a “piano puller”. He’s a big body who can win a lot of puck battles in the corner and provide a great screen for the scorers in the top 6. Ideally I think he’s a 2nd line player with limited PP time (again positioned in front of the net).

Wouldn’t at all be opposed to having 5F on PP1, would much rather that then see Gus on it…

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Yea I don't see them rotating Kasper in and out of the lineup. Far and away from how they have been developing their prospects.

I completely agree that if he makes the team he’s playing meaningful minutes. If we had a healthy scratch forward, at times it’s nice to have the option to give rookies nights off on back to backs as they acclimate to the NHL schedule, is moreso what I mean.
I don't see them waiving Berggren. Better to waive Holl. We have enough defensemen up.

In a vacuum I probably agree. I wonder if they’re concerned that waiving Holl will negatively impact the organization’s ability to bring in free agents, which we already struggle with. I’m still confused by the backlog on defense, frankly.

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Motte copp fischer

Veleno played 80 games last season, Berggren 12. The organization just signed Veleno for 2x2.75 and Berggren for 1x.825.

The notion that Yzerman would ditch Veleno before Berggren is, in my eyes, not supported by the evidence the organization has provided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad