GDT: Preseason Game 6: Red Wings vs leafs 10/3/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (97).png

Screenshot (98).png

Game will be streamed on ESPN+ and BSD. Let's Go Boys!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The probable opening night roster. Guessing Kasper will be first callup

E: Didn't even notice Kasper on 2nd line, he for him to be getting this look

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kasper between Tarasenko and Kane , just placeholder for Compher, not sure I like it. Berggren on Fourth line , I don't think I like it.
Ed and Seider first pair and Seider on pp , I hope it stays that way

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The probable opening night roster. Guessing Kasper will be first callup

E: Didn't even notice Kasper on 2nd line, he for him to be getting this look
I would be pretty surprised if Gustafson isn't in the lineup.

Although we signed Holl for 3m and didn't use him last year, so ya never know lol.

Reactions: Ezekial and lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I would be pretty surprised if Gustafson isn't in the lineup.

Although we signed Holl for 3m and didn't use him last year, so ya never know lol.
It's going to be quite the haul when San Jose returns those future considerations. :D

Reactions: izlez

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
This is Kasper's chacne to cement his spot on the roster. If he knocks it out of the park with those 2 guys on his wings, im not sure how they can justify sending him down. im sure they will anyway though

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Glad to see Kasper get an opportunity with some horses, hope I get off work in time to watch.

Kasper, Danielson, and Mazur all starting to push for spots, even if they ultimately land in GR. I think Berggren’s window to prove that he’s more than an empty calories player is narrowing - every indication from the organization is that he’s the most replaceable forward in the lineup.

Reactions: jkutswings and DTR

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Glad to see Kasper get an opportunity with some horses, hope I get off work in time to watch.

Kasper, Danielson, and Mazur all starting to push for spots, even if they ultimately land in GR. I think Berggren’s window to prove that he’s more than an empty calories player is narrowing - every indication from the organization is that he’s the most replaceable forward in the lineup.
I don't know where to start

DTR

Dec 13, 2021

Kasper making the team means he’s getting top nine minutes. That means someone like Fischer is dropping down the lineup. I just don’t see a scenario where Berggren has a spot in that scenario, because I don’t see the team waiving Fischer or Motte.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is Kasper's chacne to cement his spot on the roster. If he knocks it out of the park with those 2 guys on his wings, im not sure how they can justify sending him down. im sure they will anyway though
Bultman said on twitter they want to see what he can do with a couple playmaker wingers. I really think if he has a big game tonight hes on the team opening night

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Kasper making the team means he’s getting top nine minutes. That means someone like Fischer is dropping down the lineup. I just don’t see a scenario where Berggren has a spot in that scenario, because I don’t see the team waiving Fischer or Motte.

Yeah to me Berggren would be a nice option to have if (realistically, when) one of DeBrincat, Raymond, Kane, or Tarasenko is hurt. Those wingers are always going to take priority over Berggren for obvious reasons. Berggren isn’t competing with Fischer or Motte for the checking wing roles, just completely different situations. That leaves two spots on the wing, one is Rasmussen. Berggren has the inside track on that last spot, but if Kasper is up I don’t see how Berggren isn’t the player pushed out.

If we could ditch a body on the blue line or a third goalie (edited), you’d be better positioned to rotate guys like Berggren, Motte, Veleno, and Kasper in and out of the lineup situationally. But unless that happens I don’t see how the math works.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kane and Tank better be ready to skate tonight, because their center man is going to be all over the ice.
LOL, you know they're both gonna cherry pick and leave Kasper to defend. I assume Tank's playing the left side, gonna set up near the crease and Kane will hover around the circle on the right. Kasper will have to run around, get the puck for them, and also cover defensively.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't get at least one assist though.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad