GDT: PRESEASON - Game 6 - DEVILS @ Flyers - 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good to see the penalties still continuing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's the obligatory Matteau penalty that we seem to be getting at least once a game.

I was just getting ready to say we haven't even seen that yet. :laugh:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
What's the point on keeping Zacha to play 4th minutes and no PP time even on the preseason?

Flyers way too physical and our team is soft as butter.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Apparently when you feel a stick touch your skates you need to just go down now.

I understand that being a trip, but Medvedev seriously embellished that. I don't say that often either.

But I hate these penalties. I guess maybe they're going to start by calling penalties hard but it seems any physical contact is a penalty now. I still don't understand how what Helgeson did on his penalty was interference. He bodied out the guy from getting the puck and then when he got the puck, he knocked him down. Maybe he tripped him, but he didn't interfere.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I understand that being a trip, but Medvedev seriously embellished that. I don't say that often either.

But I hate these penalties. I guess maybe they're going to start by calling penalties hard but it seems any physical contact is a penalty now. I still don't understand how what Helgeson did on his penalty was interference. He bodied out the guy from getting the puck and then when he got the puck, he knocked him down. Maybe he tripped him, but he didn't interfere.

It should of been a 4 on 4. Matts tapped his skates and he went down. Is it technically a trip? Yes, but he also sold the hell out of it.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
So he can practice with the team and get some pro experience before he goes back to juniors.

I don't think so. Almost every team already sent their kids back to juniors. Keeping Zacha to play 4th line and no PP is just bad. He won't learn anything with that cause he's supposed to be an offensive force, not a grinder.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
the embellishment really is silly early on

and medvedev looked like he felt a breeze graze his skates then crossed his own legs up for the dive

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think so. Almost every team already sent their kids back to juniors. Keeping Zacha to play 4th line and no PP is just bad. He won't learn anything with that cause he's supposed to be an offensive force, not a grinder.

You do realize more goes on then just preseason games right? They practice, run drills, do skills practice etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad