GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
And they were missing the top 3 D of the Oilers.

Theres more to it than just chemistry among forwards.
Except it was the forwards on the Drai line turning the puck over all night. Maybe not the best of feeds or transition but pucks on sticks and just not controlling anything.

Is this a serious question?

Because they both already have contracts.
Not sure how you don't understand my assertion that they shouldn't be here period. . There was zero reason to have Perry back. Not sure obtaining one zone Skinner such a great idea either.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Except it was the forwards on the Drai line turning the puck over all night. Maybe not the best of feeds or transition but pucks on sticks and just not controlling anything.

Not sure how you don't understand my assertion that they shouldn't be here period. . There was zero reason to have Perry back. Not sure obtaining one zone Skinner such a great idea either.
Well, they're here and theres no point in crying for Hoffman when hes not an upgrade on them.

I look forward to another season of Draisaitl's linemates always being the problem and never his play.

So you have a problem with signing one zone Skinner, yet you wanted Hoffman to stay around?

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Well, they're here and theres no point in crying for Hoffman when hes not an upgrade on them.

I look forward to another season of Draisaitl's linemates always being the problem and never his play.

So you have a problem with signing one zone Skinner, yet you wanted Hoffman to stay around?
I'll tell it how it is. Skinner was horrible tonight. I know you don't disagree. Drai tried to create with these two but they were fumbling every puck. Drai is also the only reason we didn't lose in OT.

Thing is Skinner is on a new team and should be expected to try and impress. He's been among the worst Oilers this preseason doing absolutely nothing. On the basis of Perry scoring tonight means Skinner has been the worst forward. It was a race between those two until tonight.

Shouldn't Skinner be doing something to show he fits here in a premium spot? Too much to expect?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I would cut Hamblin, Pedersen and Cagguila before next game.

I'll tell it how it is. Skinner was horrible tonight. I know you don't disagree. Drai tried to create with these two but they were fumbling every puck. Drai is also the only reason we didn't lose in OT.

Thing is Skinner is on a new team and should be expected to try and impress. He's been among the worst Oilers this preseason doing absolutely nothing. On the basis of Perry scoring tonight means Skinner has been the worst forward. It was a race between those two until tonight.

Shouldn't Skinner be doing something to show he fits here in a premium spot? Too much to expect?
Skinner hasn't been good enough.

You also have a known tendency when you have an obvious bias against a player, to ignore all the good they do and only focus on the bad, especially when they're playing with Draisaitl.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
When isn't Skinner going through the motions. Guy had one year in his career where he played hard all zones. Just a guy that completely floats unless a scoring chance. Other than OT I don't know he had even a scoring chance all game. Its an odd line. Theres no worker ant on the line. I've always preferred Drai with one talent, say a Nuge, and one mucker. Somebody has to dig for pucks on the line. That is vastly missing so far.
No its not. Viktor Arvidsson is a hardworker. He's very strong along the boards and is a pest. We saw it when he was on LA. He's not going to go fully 100% in preseason. Wait until the season starts first

Damn you guys are already ripping up Jeff Skinner lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I would cut Hamblin, Pedersen and Cagguila before next game.

Skinner hasn't been good enough.

You also have a known tendency when you have an obvious bias against a player, to ignore all the good they do and only focus on the bad, especially when they're playing with Draisaitl.
FFS Sklnner is exhibit A of a player that has never been in playoffs and is the type of player that contributes to teams he's been on not making playoffs. I'm a purist. Its predictable I wouldn't want Jeff Skinner anywhere around here.

Every coach Skinner has ever had has problems with his play. I wonder why.

Never been a fan of his.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
No its not. Viktor Arvidsson is a hardworker. He's very strong along the boards and is a pest. We saw it when he was on LA. He's not going to go fully 100% in preseason. Wait until the season starts first

Damn you guys are already ripping up Jeff Skinner lol
Two back surgeries and hardly played last season and was bad in playoffs. He's not the same player people remember. Better than Skinner but not saying much there.

I would have all kinds of time for Arvy in prime. We got him late.

Back injuries are really difficult to recover from. I'm not faulting Arvy in this, just that in hockey its pretty next to impossible to establish back to peak game with the back conditiosn he has. Credit that he's out there even playing. Tbh I wouldn't be.

Arvy is very brave to be continuing to play. But I don't know how well this works out for him or the club.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
FFS Sklnner is exhibit A of a player that has never been in playoffs and is the type of player that contributes to teams he's been on not making playoffs. I'm a purist. Its predictable I wouldn't want Jeff Skinner anywhere around here.

Never been a fan of his.

Aww take it a bit easy on Jeff. Its not easy being a sabre lol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
JSkinner should play the last 2 games.. his play has given hope to guys like Podkolzin, Janmark and even Lavoie etc in cracking top 6 at some point this season

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Never been a fan of his.

It's hard to know this stuff, Evander Kane was awful in the 18-19 playoffs for San Jose before he came here and had a monster playoffs in 2022 because getting tap in gimmes from McDavid and Draisaitl simplifies one's game by a lot.

Even Hyman kinda sucked in the playoffs for the Leafs, it's not until he got here that he started to produce.

If Skinner sucks here, it'll probably by mutual decision be a case of moving him somewhere else at the deadline for someone else to occupy that 3 million.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Apparently Nurse has been cleared to play. Put him and Emberson together next game. Waive Josh Friggin Brown
I agree waiving Josh Brown. I disagree on Emberson with Nurse. Stetcher was far better than him tonight.

I was watching for some very specific things. Zone denials, zone exits, and puck retrievals. These are 3 things Nurse is very poor at. I also had in mind Nurse/Stetcher playing well last year (small sample size, good metrics). My personal take, Nurse would fair well with Stetcher’s neutral zone aggressiveness and zone exits. Stetcher moved the puck much better than I thought as well.

Emberson, I felt, would be an ideal partner for Kulak. Brown was an absolute trash heap again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad