GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That performance from Josh Brown was something. Its been a long time since I can recollect someone looking that lost out there.

Meanwhile Stetcher was great. Brown should be getting sent to the AHL tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see what the team does at forward. Lots of decisions. I wonder if they will run 6D and extra forwards.
This is Stechers game as advertised. Bit of a rover, can skate puck right to net and create. Was one of the better Oilers.

Anybody else think the Drai line was horrible? Especially Skinner. Was like playing shorthanded all night and they could barely get the puck and anytime Skinner got it he lost it. I swear the only play Skinner made all night was in OT. Arviddsson too. Not sure what to make of this line.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
CED4DDE3-17A9-483D-80B8-15B405E93F88.gif

Vancouver fans taking a break from East Hastings to wander over here and troll in a preseason game.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This is Stechers game as advertised. Bit of a rover, can skate puck right to net and create. Was one of the better Oilers.

Anybody else think the Drai line was horrible? Especially Skinner. Was like playing shorthanded all night and they could barely get the puck and anytime Skinner got it he lost it. I swear the only play Skinner made all night was in OT. Arviddsson too. Not sure what to make of this line.
Arviddson had a great chance on the first powerplay also.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Arvidsson had plenty of chances at least. Like I said during the game, Skinner looked like Foegele tonight, but so have a lot of guys this pre-season. Everybody's a step off.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McDavid not sounding too happy with KK’s preseason race for the 13th forward. Honestly it’s the same bullshit every coach falls into. Making the team who played so late last year and expecting to play late this year have 8 preseason games is crap.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I missed the first period but in last two periods Drai line looked awful. Only chances Drai got was doubling up with McD.
Drai was playing at 30% and J skinner couldn’t handle the puck all night. Hope they take the next couple games a bit more seriously and look better. No chemistry betweeen them at all but given they’ve only played 2 games I think that makes sense

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I don't think much has to me made, it's preseason.

Looked to me like all 3 were just kind of going through the motions and kind of getting back into the rhythm. Chemistry not quite there. Passes a little off. Timing a little off.

It'll come. Or it won't I guess, but I'm not overly worried about it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Drai was playing at 30% and J skinner couldn’t handle the puck all night. Hope they take the next couple games a bit more seriously and look better. No chemistry betweeen them at all but given they’ve only played 2 games I think that makes sense
All fair but I don't see anybody on that line being quick to dumps. A lot of plays dying with that line. They spent most of the time defending and even with Ozone faceoffs. In last two periods they established once in Opposition zone, and barely. Cycled 3 passes before losing puck.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
All fair but I don't see anybody on that line being quick to dumps. A lot of plays dying with that line. They spent most of the time defending and even with Ozone faceoffs. In last two periods they established once in Opposition zone, and barely. Cycled 3 passes before losing puck.
I really think you are reading far too much into a preseason game.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I don't think much has to me made, it's preseason.

Looked to me like all 3 were just kind of going through the motions and kind of getting back into the rhythm. Chemistry not quite there. Passes a little off. Timing a little off.

It'll come. Or it won't I guess, but I'm not overly worried about it.
When isn't Skinner going through the motions. Guy had one year in his career where he played hard all zones. Just a guy that completely floats unless a scoring chance. Other than OT I don't know he had even a scoring chance all game. Its an odd line. Theres no worker ant on the line. I've always preferred Drai with one talent, say a Nuge, and one mucker. Somebody has to dig for pucks on the line. That is vastly missing so far.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I hate to pile on Josh Brown, but yeah that was something. He's getting outplayed by everyone.

They'll have to play him the rest of the way to see what the hell you have with him.

Emberson looked great. Stecher, Dermott, and Gleason played well too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I really think you are reading far too much into a preseason game.
Nah, I see Jeff Skinner and injured Arviddson as question marks. Both old, and looking past it. Never liked Jeff Skinner. Not many coaches have either. I'm not evaluating just on this game but problems I see with the constituents of the line. Don't see it working as well as people figure.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I think that's Arvidsson's game to a tee tbh.

He's pretty much Warren Foegele with better hands, finish, and less durability. Or Yamamoto with NHL Size and Strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad