GDT: Preseason Game 6, Canucks at Oilers beer leager. Sportsnet 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hoffman gets released and do f*** all Corey Perry is retained indefinitely and elevated to the 2nd line. Sucks for Hoffman. Wasn't bad either and scored and was getting some points. Nice insurance talent player to keep around in case of injury.

I wanted Hoffman for years and years. So strange we finally get him this way and then just dump him. Maybe a club picks him up.
I'm with you. We dont need Perry whatsoever

clubs so infatuated with him. His experience is just not needed anymore. We have enough of that.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I'm with you. We dont need Perry whatsoever

clubs so infatuated with him. His experience is just not needed anymore. We have enough of that.
Plus I'm conditioned to not be able to stand even looking at him. Decades of him being a slimy weasel against the Oilers is hard to erase. Many nights he's so bad I think he's still hurting the Oilers. WTF has this guy done to still be having a career?

Corey Perry defines punchable face.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Plus I'm conditioned to not be able to stand even looking at him. Decades of him being a slimy weasel against the Oilers is hard to erase. Many nights he's so bad I think he's still hurting the Oilers. WTF has this guy done to still be having a career?

Would have loved to see Hoffman get a shot with McDavid in pre season. The sheer speed of those 2 would have been put to good use in at times during the regular season, instead we get to see this 40 year old skeleton clout chaser get another year to be dragged around by the Oilers.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I want to be making a shitty brown joke just about now..;)
I'm there too but at some point just like Perry it's like whatever, the team picks its favorites and it's usually for a reason having to do with playing a role, which fans sometimes don't appreciate

As for Perry in that top six, that's actually a good sign. That reeks of a placeholder spot for scratching Hyman, and placeholders are often not on the final roster.

A Kulak-Brown pairing is a real possibility. Brown's no placeholder there

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I thought Perry was fine in the regular season. But I thought one of the purposes of a player like him is what he does in the playoffs. Well in the playoffs he did nothing positive on the ice.

I don’t really care about the contract. Its Katz money. But if he ends up blocking younger players than management has dropped the ball…

Would have loved to see Hoffman get a shot with McDavid in pre season. The sheer speed of those 2 would have been put to good use in at times during the regular season, instead we get to see this 40 year old skeleton clout chaser get another year to be dragged around by the Oilers.

Well he did technically on the PP in Leons spot. He didn’t do much with it.

I thought Hoffman was fine overall. But I think the only way he was making it was if the younger guys didn’t show much (or injuries)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I'm there too but at some point just like Perry it's like whatever, the team picks its favorites and it's usually for a reason having to do with playing a role, which fans sometimes don't appreciate

As for Perry in that top six, that's actually a good sign. That reeks of a placeholder spot for scratching Hyman, and placeholders are often not on the final roster.

A Kulak-Brown pairing is a real possibility. Brown's no placeholder there
Hopefully you're right. I almost dislike Connor Bedard even more now because we're still stuck with Perry. ;)

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo you don't wanna play Brown every night. He's gonna frustrate the living fudge out of us.
I could see there being no real #6 but two 6/7s that share that spot. That could be Stecher and that's quite the different look.

Has Stecher played much with Kulak this preseason? Emberson?

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Wonder what the Canuck lines are

TJ , PMS, Miller hasn't played yet this pre-season. I keep laughing at people saying it's meaningless and they want to save him.

Like he is a McDavid or Drai caliber player lol

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
Speed? Hoffman?
He looked okay in a few preseason games, but he should against a lot of players who won't ever sniff the NHL. He's good at trading pucks and he has decent poise but speed has never been a part of his game and his skates looked even heavier than normal from my viewings this preseason. Plus he's an absolute floater when he doesn't have the puck which isn't ideal in someone who is pushed down your lineup, obviously. Really don't see the fit on this team, at all.
To be clear I am not advocating for Perry either, he wouldn't be in my opening night lineup.

Reactions: MessierII

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Wonder what the Canuck lines are

TJ , PMS, Miller hasn't played yet this pre-season. I keep laughing at people saying it's meaningless and they want to save him.

Like he is a McDavid or Drai caliber player lol

Wondering if Miller is a little banged up still

They only have 2 games left and he hasn’t played yet

These are their lines apparently:

Bains-Suter-Sprong
Hoglander-Raty-Lekkerimaki
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Sherwood
Mueller-Sasson-Smith

Pettersson–Juulsen
Kudryastev-Desharnais
Wolanin-Friedman

Lankinen

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I want to be making a shitty brown joke just about now..;)
If it's yellow...

That’s weird. I didn’t expect McDavid to play.

From watching the game live on Saturday, he kind seemed frustrated that hisngame wasnt in more sync.

Gotta get Perry going lol

About time Tge second line played together.
I'd like to have seen Lavoie with McDavid.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If you throw the maiden "backwards into the river" how will she love you? Perspire in her food with a moist body, perspire in her cake (innuendo) and powder and flour yourself just in case...

Give her cheese... How bouts Chocolates and a nice Red Wine?

Dems strange times.

They're really pressing the Make Perry happen button. Gee, maybe the best player in the world gets him a point or two. Funny how most of us would prefer Perry to not even be contracted.

WTF is Drake still doing here? Or doing here at all?

Nurse will show up and play first game of season. I doubt before that.
He's a veteran to play in Bako that if there's enough injuries you could survive playing him in in a regular season game without a huge concern provided it was a short stay.

He's played decently this pre-season, so likely just one more game for him and Pederson before the next cut leaving us with 15 forwards for the final two games.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Speed? Hoffman?
He looked okay in a few preseason games, but he should against a lot of players who won't ever sniff the NHL. He's good at trading pucks and he has decent poise but speed has never been a part of his game and his skates looked even heavier than normal from my viewings this preseason. Plus he's an absolute floater when he doesn't have the puck which isn't ideal in someone who is pushed down your lineup, obviously. Really don't see the fit on this team, at all.
To be clear I am not advocating for Perry either, he wouldn't be in my opening night lineup.
Speed was always one of his best assets. But he is certainly not what he once was.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I think Perry and Lav split time on the ice and in the PB this season.

I finally get to see emberson a bit more. Will be focusing on his game tonight. And the drai line.

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
Speed was always one of his best assets. But he is certainly not what he once was.
Maybe 10 years ago, but you would have had to catch him in between long sessions of straight-legged gliding to tell I guess.

EDIT: Sorry to sound harsh but there is just no way he is a fit. He's been a 30pt guy for a few years now and that's with significant PP usage he just wouldn't get here.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wondering if Miller is a little banged up still

They only have 2 games left and he hasn’t played yet

These are their lines apparently:

Bains-Suter-Sprong
Hoglander-Raty-Lekkerimaki
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Sherwood
Mueller-Sasson-Smith

Pettersson–Juulsen
Kudryastev-Desharnais
Wolanin-Friedman

Lankinen

Some pretty ugly lines. Bit surprised they don’t have a better line up.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Miller. One of their few players whos wired to go.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Maybe 10 years ago, but you would have had to catch him in between long sessions of straight-legged gliding to tell I guess.

EDIT: Sorry to sound harsh but there is just no way he is a fit. He's been a 30pt guy for a few years now and that's with significant PP usage he just wouldn't get here.
I agree that he is not a fit. He's also always been a bit of a polarizing player since when he was not scoring he was often a liability. But he was very fast and could definitely score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad