Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 5: vs. Blackhawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Here's your roster to open the season:

Kreider - Brassard - Zucc
Duclair - MSL - Nash
Hagelin - Miller - Fast
Glass - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Boyle
Moore - Klein
Hunwick

Hank
Cam
Replace Malone with Fast and you have a winner. Fast will be AHl though so replace him with a plug in as the healthy scratch. Fast or Hayes first callup depending on the position.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
What a game.. The Rangers are so good against the Hawks. They beat them both times in the regular season and preseason. I know the playoffs are totally different but man do I wish the Hawks made it to the Final instead of the Kings.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
By far Zuccarello's best preseason game.
Boyle is surprisingly agile.
Drunk McDonagh > other defensemen.
Kostka looked much better. But Hunwick even better.
Hayes is still a step out of the NHL, but that step will take him straight to a high level.
Kreider looks much more controlled in skating. More agility to his speed.
MSL at center works. Especially with 2 big guys (refuse to believe Duclair is 5'11) going right into the circle after puck drop.
Lundqvist looking solid.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
soooooo assuming Duclair makes the team is kinda premature without them moving a contract right?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hayes is still a step out of the NHL, but that step will take him straight to a high level.
MSL at center works. Especially with 2 big guys (refuse to believe Duclair is 5'11) going right into the circle after puck drop.
Lundqvist looking solid.

Yes, but still, I am so not ok with that game he just played. But it's McDonagh, so I'm far from worried.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
The people who want to get rid of the shootout don't have Lundqvist in net.

I'm a Rangers fan. I want to get rid of the shootout.

Sure, it can sometimes be fun to watch. But it isn't hockey. It is a skills competition. And skills competitions shouldn't determine who does or doesn't get a point. I would rather have 3on3 before the shootout.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Malone was god awful ends up with a goal and shootout winner lol

He's going to make the team but I really hope it's as the spare

I wouldn't say Malone was god awful but he wasn't looking very good until he tied the game with a really nice redirect.

Personally I like Hunwick over Kostka by a pretty decent margin. I'd play Dylan tomorrow and see what he can do but right now I'm thinking it's going to be Hunwick as the 7th d.

I know some are calling Hayes the shiny new toy. I like how he handles and controls the puck. I like how he uses his body to protect the puck and he's not playing shy. There's some things he can get better at but for the puck possession people this guy looks like he's going to be really good in the future. He makes power forward moves somewhat akin to Jagr. He gets the puck--looks for room and makes nice plays.

St. Louis as a center if he's not going to win any face-offs is not going to work for very long.

Glass by the way made another very nice play to Hayes that Kevin shot wide. Just saying.

Miller, Fast, Duclair, Hayes all played well tonight. I like all of them.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Is that user Charlie still on these boards? Maybe he can upload a clip of the fan incident from the broadcast for us....

I swore the guy was wearing a #24 Malone jersey... Which would make sense why the MSG production crew decided to film him leaving the arena.... Little did they know he would throw a half punch at a female fan on his way out....

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Lundqvist looking solid.

He's look terrible defensively thus far. I am worried about that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Here's your roster to open the season:

Kreider - Brassard - Zucc
Duclair - MSL - Nash
Hagelin - Miller - Fast
Glass - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Boyle
Moore - Klein
Hunwick

Hank
Cam

That's my team too

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I swore the guy was wearing a #24 Malone jersey... Which would make sense why the MSG production crew decided to film him leaving the arena.... Little did they know he would throw a half punch at a female fan on his way out....

He wore a Callahan jersey. He swiped at the man closest to the stairs. Not the chick or the little kid. The Streamo stream replayed the footage. Only got a screen dump:

24callpuncher.png

Looked like he wanted them outta his way or something.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He wore a Callahan jersey. He swiped at the man closest to the stairs. Not the chick or the little kid. The Streamo stream replayed the footage. Only got a screen dump:

24callpuncher.png

Looked like he wanted them outta his way or something.

If he's wearing a Callahan jersey I can't blame the guy. You'd take swipes too you if had a guy on your back with low corsi :sarcasm:

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
St. Louis as a center if he's not going to win any face-offs is not going to work for very long.

He was 46%, (6 for 13) which is pretty good for a guy who hasn't played center in forever. He did better than Andrew "God Amongst Men" Shaw.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I'm really liking Duclair's all around game and awareness. He steals the puck off a face off loss, which leads to our first goal. He picks Kane's pocket and draws a penalty. He always not only knows where to move the puck in transition, but also executes a tape to tape pass. Plus he found himself wide open in front a few times, but nobody got him the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad