Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game 5: vs. Blackhawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Malone getting a regular shift is going to be horrible if it happens this year

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Malone getting a regular shift is going to be horrible if it happens this year

If he is on the 4th line, getting under 10 minutes a game I won't mind.

If they use him as a plug in on the 2nd or 3rd line, then there will be some problems.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
i meant last night no need to get upset. Im a duclair fan but the hype is getting silly

Based on what he's shown and how little offensive prowess most of our draftees have/anyone on this team has had over the last 20 years, and at the age he's doing it? I'd say it's more than warranted. Of course there are going to be people who think he's going to be a superstar straight out the gate, but he's one of our most exciting prospects we've been able to watch on the big stage in quite some time.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Based on what he's shown and how little offensive prowess most of our draftees have/anyone on this team has had over the last 20 years, and at the age he's doing it? I'd say it's more than warranted. Of course there are going to be people who think he's going to be a superstar straight out the gate, but he's one of our most exciting prospects we've been able to watch on the big stage in quite some time.
you missed my point. Excitements is fine and warranted. However Most . People are decalring him the calder winner and top Liebe player right away

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If he is on the 4th line, getting under 10 minutes a game I won't mind.

If they use him as a plug in on the 2nd or 3rd line, then there will be some problems.

To be honest even getting a regular shift on the 4th line will be rough. He's just not very good around the ice and will drag that line down.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Tanner glass and Ryan Malone were givens

This kid needs some time in the ahl. and that's not a negative at all.

He's been pretty good really. Looks like a solid power forward prospect on a team that really needs that kinda player.

Reminds me of John laclair.

we got the best 90s power forwards reincarnated (Kreider is Kevin Stevens)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
To be honest even getting a regular shift on the 4th line will be rough. He's just not very good around the ice and will drag that line down.

Possibly, but i'm willing to give him a shot there and see what happens. He would be one of the only 4th line guys we have had in awhile that can actually put a puck in the net when given the chance. I see him as an upgrade over Boyle in a lot of ways (PP and ES, PK and defensively obviously Boyle is the far superior one). Physically and offensively Malone beats him out.

Whatever happens I wouldn't really be disappointed if he makes or doesn't make it, but if he struggles then I want him off.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
i feel after tonight it seems and really throughout TC these will be opening night

Kreider-Bras-MZA Lock
Hags/Duke-Moore- MSL
Hags/Malon-JT-Nash
Glas-Hayes-Step/Fast
Malone - 13th for sure

or..
Kreider-Brass-MZA
Nash-Miller-MSL
Hags-Moor-Duke
Glass-Hayes-Malon/Step

Hunwick to me won that 7th d..

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Hope Hayes is alright. He really did have a good preseason, just needs some time in the minors. Not a negative at all.

Tanner glass and Ryan Malone were givens

This kid needs some time in the ahl. and that's not a negative at all.

He's been pretty good really. Looks like a solid power forward prospect on a team that really needs that kinda player.

Reminds me of John laclair.

John LeClair? Really? Don't see the comparison at all..

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I thought Hayes didn't look very good, he held on to the puck too long and didn't use his line mates well. He was all over the place on the first couple PKs and gave up a few quality chances cause of it. You can see he has great vision but he needs some time to catch up to the speed of the NHL

I think Hunwick should get the 7th d spot, his skating is really nice and that would definitely help out transition game and if he makes any mistakes it'd help cover up for it.

Malone has a nose for the net and pretty solid hands. That goal he scored to tie it was sweet he didn't have a lot of space to put that puck in with that sharp angle.

Loved how Kreider looked on the Brassard Zuccarello line.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Not that it means much but we've beaten the blackhawks 4 times in a row. (2 reg and 2 pre-season) but pre-season or not that's pretty damn awesome.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Not that it means much but we've beaten the blackhawks 4 times in a row. (2 reg and 2 pre-season) but pre-season or not that's pretty damn awesome.

If only we'd gotten the chance to beat them four times in a row when it did.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Given time, Miller and Hayes may solve the size down the middle problem without any trades being necessary.

I agree, but it won't happen this year. Maybe in 2 years. This year Miller is a rookie, next year Hayes will be a rookie. The following season (2016-17), they might be a good 1-2 punch in the middle-6 behind Stepan, with Lindberg as our 4C, and Brass shipped out for an upgrade at another position.

This year, however, we do have a size problem and overall quality problem at center.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The best thing about Fast so far when compared to last year is that he is getting more involved offensively. There's a noticeable improvement in his game, he's making decent passes and trying to get the puck to to the net whereas last season he focused on making the safe play.

Fast was always a skilled offensive player, just need more confidence at the NHL level. It's possible that the coaching staff purposely held him back to make sure he doesn't make any mistakes, but given how good his defense has become, they trust him more to make a more risky play. Either way, he's better offensively now.

Fast is also physically stronger and better along the boards. Overall, just a very smart player. If he gets sent down to Hartford, he will likely be very frustrated, thinking, "what the hell do I need to do to earn an NHL spot?" He's really on par in every skill required to play in the NHL.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
That was the best game I think I've seen Fast play as a Ranger. He looked confident and smart, always in the right place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad