GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Caufield, Hutson and Suzuki better have their head on a swivel next time they play the Sens as I could see them wanting revenge
What revenge?? They started it with the Dach hit, the revenge was Xhekaj hitting Greig. If Sens do something again it would be an instigation not a revenge.

Reactions: HabsQC

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
This is what people (fans) simply dont understand.. rhe Habs have been brutally soft on their top 6. Whether you agree or not it's reality... the Michkov SNAFU comes on the heels of not dealing away CC.. there were rumblings )2 yrs) ago CC and a 2nd for LAFF KAKOO. That boat has sailed now..

You cant have a pint sized Fwd and then add another.... Hugo bet on CC, and sadly that gamble has not paid off..

Michkov will be the same when he gets injured.. it's inevitable just like Hutson... i wish HUGO would swap Hutson asap.. this kid is at rhe top of his value.. dude is not going to last 20 games before he's on the LTIR+
Hutson won't get injured too much, he is incredibly aware on the ice, you saw how he avoided being sandwiched by two Leafs players.

I'm more worried about players who don't have that awareness. And it's not just about the size but about the teams willingness to defend each other.

Michkov is small but quite sturdy, I don't think he will have trouble staying healthy. I would prefer Michkov to CC for that reason.

Tkachuk might need shoulder surgery and miss 5 months apparently

Dang what a beating he gave Xhekaj!
Wait what? LOL

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
He has trouble making banana bread.

I don’t know, you grow up playing hockey and you know the type. All they do and think about is sports. They don’t have an outside thought. He falls into that.
Oh i see. Gallagher just looks like he’s 2-3 steps behind the play, and is almost looks like he’s out of breath. The only time he scores is if the play is stationary, like everyone else in front of the net.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gutless pukes run rampant because they are gutless pukes.

Pare took out Laine's knee...Xhekaj pummeled him.

Did it prevent Greig from doing what he did to Dach last night? Did he pull up right before hitting Dach late and think to himself "hmmm if I make this hit, Xhekaj is going to make me pay".

No of course not, he hit because that's what Ridley Greig is, that's who he's always been and that's who he'll always be.

It's not a question or right/wrong with me, never even brought that up.

It's smart vs dumb.

I have zero issues with Xhekaj putting it on himself to exact revenge for acts he thinks deserve retribution, I've watched hockey long enough to understand that's how it works.

What I wished is he would have gone about it differently and in the future, recognizes he's more valuable to this team ON the ice, than he is taking an emotional penalty to get kicked out of a game.

Man I don't give a f**k about what you think about me...I DO NOT KNOW YOU. When are you going to understand that?

I made my stance on Xhekaj CLEAR last night and I have reiterated it several times, including a few posts above. I've been consistent the entire time.

Yet instead of addressing that, you out here talmbout' your feelings for me and bifurcating when the main issue trends against me??

The main issue here was/is Arber's Xhekaj's reaction last night, not how you feel about 417. The irony here is too rich.

Look @Rapala its not personal with me towards you, while you have some deep recollections of me here, I don't of you. Talk to your shrink about your feelings for me, i'm just here to talk hockey man.

smdh
Nothing personal.
You make some dumb takes that aren't factual and when subsequent events prove you wrong you wiggle and squirm and move goal posts and bifurcate.
What you never do is admit oops maybe I'm not seeing the right side of this.
I'll make dumb comments and stupid remarks and bad takes but will admit I've done so and eat glorious crow.
Sorry but that is the way I see it and if I've remembered stuff it's simply because of your inability to accept when you are wrong.

GTFO was in response to a certain take it wasn't personal you are the one who made it so.
I didn't attack your intelligence I didn't post derogatory memes I didn't bring up mental health.
I took a diametrically opposite stance to back our player's action and I wasn't wrong.

This entire Xhekaj argument has brought out a lot of ridiculous over-reaction from a large number of fans who should be slightly embarrassed
This goes well beyond this pre season. It's been a subject of heavy conversation for a number of years.
What Xhekaj did was not dumb it was a premeditated act to send a clear message to not only the Ottawa Senators but to every other team in the league.
That is all it was this is the preseason there is nothing on the line and a message needed to be sent.

Jul 6, 2016
How come with Xhekaj in the line up, we just saw the two vicious games of the pre-season ? Is he useful to keep the other team honest ?…… It doesn’t seem so.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I noticed that Brady was making an odd sort of head gesture towards off ice personnel as he was heading off ice. Maybe similar to the look Arber gave the bench after fighting Desharnais.
Brady did this to himself by the looks of things.................I did notice too, he seemed to have an issue as he was leaving. All jokes aside no one wants to see good players getting hurt, at any point of the season let alone the pre season.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How come with Xhekaj in the line up, we just saw the two vicious games of the pre-season ? Is he useful to keep the other team honest ?…… It doesn’t seem so.
Fine line there......he needs some backup, no way he is the lone Ranger, all year long.
The other team then has an easy gameplan......each time they play the habs.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Players who have an enforcer role are never deterrents, because you can't deter stupid plays or mistakes. They're there to demand accountability from the other team and not let them be comfortable there.

Xhekaj also has value beyond just punching and hitting people, the coaching staffs message after the game was basically he has to be smarter about it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't really get how people think this is going to be an issue when the puck drops for real? :huh:
It just isn't.

Arber Xhekaj was not sent down to Laval last season because of any type of play involving him fighting or backing up his mates.
He was sent down because of the hooks and holds and high sticks that resulted from his over-committing.
It's absurd how many people think/thought otherwise.
Then when he came back and fought less we eventually find out about his shoulder.
It wasn't team orders people like you thought it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nothing personal.
You make some dumb takes that aren't factual and when subsequent events prove you wrong you wiggle and squirm and move goal posts and bifurcate.
What dumb takes did I make that weren't factual???
What you never do is admit oops maybe I'm not seeing the right side of this.
I'll make dumb comments and stupid remarks and bad takes but will admit I've done so and eat glorious crow.
Sorry but that is the way I see it and if I've remembered stuff it's simply because of your inability to accept when you are wrong.
How can this be a question of right or wrong, when it's an opinion?

I didn't like Xhekaj's reaction yesterday and I feel he takes his "Sherrif" persona too much at heart and sometimes forgets that he's a pretty good hockey player before that.

What is wrong about that?

And once more, I don't care about stuff you remembered about me, or whatever recollection you have, did it ever occur to you that you may be wrong??!?

Like last night telling me to GTFO and then waxing poetically about me not being polite.

GTFO was in response to a certain take it wasn't personal you are the one who made it so.
I didn't attack your intelligence I didn't post derogatory memes I didn't bring up mental health.
I took a diametrically opposite stance to back our player's action and I wasn't wrong.
Yes you told me to GTFO because I didn't rate Xhekaj's response...how is that not personal? Do you know what GTFO means? WHy you tell someone who just stated his opinion, respectfully I might add, to GTFO?

As for your mental health, again, once again, i'm talking about Arber Xhekaj...you keep talking about your personal feelings for me and my history here.

So I told you to go talk to shrink...I don't take that back, I couldn't careless what you think about me. I'm here to talk hockey, not people's personalities.
This entire Xhekaj argument has brought out a lot of ridiculous over-reaction from a large number of fans who should be slightly embarrassed
This goes well beyond this pre season. It's been a subject of heavy conversation for a number of years.
What Xhekaj did was not dumb it was a premeditated act to send a clear message to not only the Ottawa Senators but to every other team in the league.
That is all it was this is the preseason there is nothing on the line and a message needed to be sent.
GO back and look at my original take that you commented and on YOUR response...then come back here and tell me who can't admit when they're wrong.

I match energy, if you keep it respectful with me...i'll do the same, if you want to get mouthy, i'll do the same too. It's pretty simple for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad