GDT: Preseason Game 5 - Habs vs Sens 7pm Est TSN & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Oh I definitely hit a nerve.

Like I said, you'll be aight man lol.

I'll repeat it again, since you seem determined to create a strawman out of what I wrote.

I have no problem with Xhekaj standing up for his teammate, but I didn't like the way he did it.

There's a clear distinction between what I think and what you understand. I want him on the ice, playing, intimidating, protecting, being physical, using his shot, playing 20 mins a game, because I think he can do that.

Like MSL said, he (they) have to be more calculated about things like this. There's plenty of opportunity to exact revenge without taking yourself out of a game, maybe the fact it was preseason he figured WTF, but that would still be odd considering his standing on the team.

Hope you can come to grips with that.
And I'm saying is that truly what you think is/was being said behind closed doors.:help:
Was MSL telling Pezzetta to go and invite Greig for tea?

I said we should go at Stutzle in the GDT before the event because trying to engage Greig was useless.
Obviously I did have a clue as to what was going on and what the temperature was in the room and on the ice.
I also have a clue as to how you handle a POS targeting a star.

This was THE MONTREAL CANADIENS sending a message not just Arber Xhekaj he was simply a messenger and one of a few.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And I'm saying is that truly what you think is/was being said behind closed doors.:help:
Was MSL telling Pezzetta to go and invite Greig for tea?
What the hell does what was being said behind closed doors have to do with me or what I wrote?

I have an opinion, I wrote it...how MSL handles it with his team or Xhekaj is his business.

I said we should go at Stutzle in the GDT before the event because trying to engage Greig was useless.
Obviously I did have a clue as to what was going on and what the temperature was in the room and on the ice.
I also have a clue as to how you handle a POS targeting a star.

This was THE MONTREAL CANADIENS sending a message not just Arber Xhekaj he was simply a messenger and one of a few.
Cool story...

The Ottawa Senators have made the Montreal Canadiens their bitch in the regular season for the last 2-3 years.

You can worry about all that other nonsense; I couldn't give a damn to be honest

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What the hell does what was being said behind closed doors have to do with me or what I wrote?

I have an opinion, I wrote it...how MSL handles it with his team or Xhekaj is his business.

Cool story...

The Ottawa Senators have made the Montreal Canadiens their bitch in the regular season for the last 2-3 years.

You can worry about all that other nonsense; I couldn't give a damn to be honest
It's not nonsense if the Habs lose key players because they let gutless pukes run rampant. Other than Xhakaj trying to make a hit where there was no chance of it going wrong there was nothing wrong with anything the Habs did.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Cool story...

Unfortunately I couldn't agree with most of what you wrote and felt it was flat out wrong or I would not have even have given it a second thought.
But you have always been one to bifurcate from the main issue once it trended against you.
I've called you a skater more than once in the past on these boards.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not nonsense if the Habs lose key players because they let gutless pukes run rampant.
Gutless pukes run rampant because they are gutless pukes.

Pare took out Laine's knee...Xhekaj pummeled him.

Did it prevent Greig from doing what he did to Dach last night? Did he pull up right before hitting Dach late and think to himself "hmmm if I make this hit, Xhekaj is going to make me pay".

No of course not, he hit because that's what Ridley Greig is, that's who he's always been and that's who he'll always be.

Other than Xhakaj trying to make a hit where there was no chance of it going wrong there was nothing wrong with anything the Habs did.
It's not a question or right/wrong with me, never even brought that up.

It's smart vs dumb.

I have zero issues with Xhekaj putting it on himself to exact revenge for acts he thinks deserve retribution, I've watched hockey long enough to understand that's how it works.

What I wished is he would have gone about it differently and in the future, recognizes he's more valuable to this team ON the ice, than he is taking an emotional penalty to get kicked out of a game.

Unfortunately I couldn't agree with most of what you wrote and felt it was flat out wrong or I would not have even have given it a second thought.
But you have always been one to bifurcate from the main issue once it trended against you.
I've called you a skater more than once in the past on these boards.
Man I don't give a f**k about what you think about me...I DO NOT KNOW YOU. When are you going to understand that?

I made my stance on Xhekaj CLEAR last night and I have reiterated it several times, including a few posts above. I've been consistent the entire time.

Yet instead of addressing that, you out here talmbout' your feelings for me and bifurcating when the main issue trends against me??

The main issue here was/is Arber's Xhekaj's reaction last night, not how you feel about 417. The irony here is too rich.

Look @Rapala its not personal with me towards you, while you have some deep recollections of me here, I don't of you. Talk to your shrink about your feelings for me, i'm just here to talk hockey man.

smdh

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
They should have a preseason roster submission date, like they do for the regular season.

Say, roster trimmed to 32 players before preseason schedule. 4 goalies, 10 D, 18 F. Basically, 2 extra lines.

Get rid of the scrubs.
that's a really good idea

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I liked the teams response to some BS high hitting, what I didn't like was our awful PP and PK.

Coaching needs to be better, and remember, our top 6 did not play, theirs did. They also had their PP QB playing, we did not..............and so on.

Live and learn, move on folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad