GDT: Preseason Game 4. Oilers @ Jets; beer leaguer # 2. On Oilers+ at 6 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’ll post the lines here as soon as they are confirmed. Don’t expect a very strong lineup for this one.

Remember - these games are meaningless unless your Ty Rattie or Brendan Perlini…otherwise take them with a dump truck full of salt.
that’s not what the Toronto media thinks after the Laffs go 0-2 to start the preseason. ;)

That f***ing place.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Anyone else kind of excited to watch some somewhat meaningless Oilers hockey in the preseason and early regular season? Don't get me wrong, I will never forget that playoff run - but being able to breath while watching the game and function at work on game days is something I look forward to.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Anyone else kind of excited to watch some somewhat meaningless Oilers hockey in the preseason and early regular season? Don't get me wrong, I will never forget that playoff run - but being able to breath while watching the game and function at work on game days is something I look forward to.

I think the idea of a new season is always refreshing and nice to look forward to.

I just wish I could turn the TV on and watch the games personally. Combined with not having many exciting prospects it just sort of kills the motivation for me personally. Hopefully the last few games will be more enjoyable though.

I do understand the idea of watching without stress though haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks and Duke74

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Hoffman Pederson Arvidsson
Janmark Philp C. Brown
Savoie Hamblin Griffith
Caggiula O’Reilly Ryan

Kulak Emberson
Dineen Carrick
Hoefenmeyer Wanner

Skinner
Delia

It’s Gregor so take with a dump truck of salt.

O'Reilly probably headed back to London after tonight given his spot in the lineup, but good for him and his development to get this many games in.

On the other end of the spectrum, Hoffman is really getting a longggg look. I have trouble seeing him not being signed given the usage so far. Another nice goal/assist in this game probably seals it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You know that clip of McDavid in the finals. That should be on repeat in the room for every game

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Not gonna lie I watched the first Ottawa/leafs game and Tanev looked awful
Resistance is futile…I had to post it. :)

1727289305134.png

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
O'Reilly probably headed back to London after tonight given his spot in the lineup, but good for him and his development to get this many games in.

On the other end of the spectrum, Hoffman is really getting a longggg look. I have trouble seeing him not being signed given the usage so far. Another nice goal/assist in this game probably seals it.
There is really no room on the roster for him. Unless he signs to get buried in the AHL for a call up otherwise it’ll be another team giving him a contract

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Probably reading too much into it but I do wonder if the organization just doesn’t see Ryan as a C. Seems to be playing pretty far down in the line up as well.
It seems to kind of be that way, although I think they do like him at Center on the PK.

With McLeod gone and them using LD less on the PK that'll probably be one of the things that they still feel Ryan can bring for them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Probably reading too much into it but I do wonder if the organization just doesn’t see Ryan as a C. Seems to be playing pretty far down in the line up as well.

He has pretty much been on the 4th line the last couple of years and most of last year was RW. He has lost a step and they want some size at the 4C position as well which bodes well for Philp.

It seems to kind of be that way, although I think they do like him at Center on the PK.

With McLeod gone and them using LD less on the PK that'll probably be one of the things that they still feel Ryan can bring for them.

Right hand draw at C but once the PK starts there is just F1 and F2, no real centre other than who takes the draws. Agree Ryan is a very good penalty killer.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He has pretty much been on the 4th line the last couple of years and most of last year was RW. He has lost a step and they want some size at the 4C position as well which bodes well for Philp.

Right hand draw at C but once the PK starts there is just F1 and F2, no real centre other than who takes the draws. Agree Ryan is a very good penalty killer.
Very true, but that initial faceoff is crucial.

That PK is already going to be down Ceci and Desharnais on the backend, and potentially a banged up Nurse to start. Gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad