GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Preseason save percentage is a stat that feels so irrelevant
This would be one of our worst goaltending performances of last season. Which is saying something.

Allen has been the worst player on the ice, and it isn't even close.

And we've had A LOT of no-show ghosts, but Allen has looked like the ghost of Patrick Roy.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
This would be one of our worst goaltending performances of last season. Which is saying something.

Allen has been the worst player on the ice, and it isn't even close.

And we've had A LOT of no-show ghosts, but Allen has looked like the ghost of Patrick Roy.
if Patrick Roy's dead then who's standing behind the Islander bench?!

:eek3::eek3:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He's basically looked like the way I'd expect Marty to look like if we let him play goalie tonight against a roster full of NHL players on both sides.

And I don't think a 52 year old Marty, who is wayyyyyy above his playing weight and a decade into retirement would look very good against current NHL or even AHL players.:laugh:

And yes, the team has not been very good overall. The offense is non-existent. However, if Varlamov was playing as badly as Allen tonight, we might have 3 or 4 goals. Probably not 5.
For a switch, a goalie on our team can't trust anyone to take away cross ice passes. Of course he's deep on a wahlstrom one timer from the dot. How else should he get there in time?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Really funny we’ve got someone killing Tatar when that line has spent the most time in the OZ each game

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For a switch, a goalie on our team can't trust anyone to take away cross ice passes. Of course he's deep on a wahlstrom one timer from the dot. How else should he get there in time?
I don't even think the first one was that bad, but the fourth goal was horrible and the Wahlstrom goal was from so far out that really should have had him.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if Patrick Roy's dead then who's standing behind the Islander bench?!

:eek3::eek3:
I mean PLAYER Patrick Roy lol.

Allen tonight has played like I'd imagine one of Roy or Brodeur would play if they were inserted into this game in their 50s (Roy is closer to 60 lol) against current NHL and AHL players, almost all of whom are under 35 years old.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad