GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The results stink, but I’d rather they get their heads handed to them now so they learn a lesson.

I’ll be concerned if this carries over in any way, but realistically, there needs to be a grace period of sorts for Keefe getting them to understand what he expects out of them systematically.

The process has stunk worse than the results

Reactions: Call Me Al

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Send Jake Allen to the glue factory
He's always been a meh goalie.

I think he's fine as a backup, but we're sunk if he has to be the starter. No matter who the goalie coach is.

Remember the Blues in 2019? Allen going from starter at the beginning of the year to backing up Binnington was a very significant reason for their turnaround that year.

One that also isn't very talked about. It's usually Berube that's talked about.

Allen has shown to choke when he starts too much. That was the case when he was a young kid, that's definitely gonna be the case at 34 or however old he is now.

Allen should be second on the depth chart either way. Whether it's to Markstrom or whether it's to Daws. Can Daws pass him on the depth chart? I'm not sure. But ideally you'd want Allen to stay parked in second on the goalie depth chart all year long and never first.

Reactions: Hisch13r

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think if Kahkonen played more games he would have probably not been as good as he was.

The fact that they wouldn't let him play more games and rode Allen the way they did was really the bizarre choice. I think they already knew Allen was staying because he was signed for this year and Kahkonen was not.

But Rogalski is poison and if we're gonna make all these coaching and goalie changes then god dammit we needed to make a change at the goalie coaching position.

I'd like to see the New Jersey Devils goaltending department (all of it) turned upside down. I'd really like to see the entire goaltending department overthrown.

How do you change all things goaltending with this team, yet keep the goalie coach that's been around for all the suckage? HOW DO YOU DO IT?
Yeah this. It wouldn't have mattered if they had Jesus in meet towards the end of the season. Just hot garbage.

I can't imagine we could possibly in for the same crap again.

Dougie/Dylan/siegs getting walked didn't look good and the forwards have been collectively atrocious for just about every period.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah this. It wouldn't have mattered if they had Jesus in meet towards the end of the season. Just hot garbage.

I can't imagine we could possibly in for the same crap again.

Dougie/Dylan/siegs getting walked didn't look good and the forwards have been collectively atrocious for just about every period.
The goaltending was actually good at the end of the season last year, which may have single handedly saved the goalie coach.

It was everything else that was in the toilet to end last season.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Are people really concerned based on a few games they n the preseason with a brand new coach and rotating lineups featuring AHL player?

lol folks learned nothing from las years preseason.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He had back surgery this past summer, that's a very dicey situation for them. They have one of the best backups in the league but their ceiling as a team goes down without that goalie duo.
Varlamov is also no kid.

Feels like he's been around since I was still a kid lol.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The goaltending was actually good at the end of the season last year, which may have single handedly saved the goalie coach.

It was everything else that was in the toilet to end last season.

Letting Kahkonen go rather than re-signing him and trading Allen remains dumb

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Are people really concerned based on a few games they n the preseason with a brand new coach and rotating lineups featuring AHL player?

I mean, they look REALLY bad, and tonight's sort of a full lineup. I'm all in if you have thoughts to rationalize me lmao.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Three of the four games weren't AHL heavy lineups. The game in Montreal was. And we actually somehow looked not as bad in that one as we did for the majority of these last two games.

But that doesn't mean we're gonna suck this year. I'm not throwing in the towel at all, other than the belief that we needed a goalie coach. Not sure why we have the same guy still here.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
hades-ariel.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad