GDT: Preseason Game #4 | 10/01/24 | 7:30 PM MST | VGK @ COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is really when they should be trying new shit on air. Like 8K video broadcast and whacky camera angles. Instead we get this....
I didn't notice any of those annoying video-game overlays that last period.

Have they become so common that I'm used to them, or should I just shut up before someone notices?

• Haha
Reactions: sethro109

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We had Fox puck trails and ice triangles the other night - not sure we need that.
I wanted them to bring back the battling robots too. It was full on nostalgia from me. I missed how badly I hated it, the first time round. Was so good to have such a wonderful reminder.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We had Fox puck trails and ice triangles the other night - not sure we need that.
They brought back the puck trails? I completely missed that.

But I didn't meant any BS on screen stuff. I hate all of it.... Except the PP time on the ice. That one is actually kinda cool.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
With the way last season ended - this exhibition season isn't getting me fired up like they think it should.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
They brought back the puck trails? I completely missed that.

But I didn't meant any BS on screen stuff. I hate all of it.... Except the PP time on the ice. That one is actually kinda cool.
I joke about them all the time.

But to be honest, on older TVs before HD, especially when you had static in the OTA signal...you really couldn't see the puck. You had to know where it was based on the players and their reactions. The glowing trail really allowed a lot of folks to see the geometry of the game better. That being said, my god...use it sparingly and in replays only. I don't think they should have any overlays during actual game play.

[edit...you're right about the PP clock. TNT slickly introduced that and I miss it during ESPN's playoffs coverage last season.]

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad