GDT: Preseason Game #3 - Your New Jersey Devils vs. Washington Capitals, 7 PM, NJDTV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If Casey proves he's better than Nemec, he should make the team ahead of Nemec. From what we've seen so far, Nemec could use some AHL seasoning over Casey.
That's a sound opinion, but I think you'd get a serious argument from management after the season Simon put up last year. Kovacevic is signed to a single season. He'll be gone next season and the Devils will have to decide out of the 7 that are left what happens next. Dougie, Pesce, Nemec, and Casey can't play at the same time and all are too valuable to sit.

What a super position to be put in and with Silayev's contract up at the end of '25-26. The riches continue to grow. Luke and Silayev while many overlook the fact that Misyul and Vilen are not chopped liver either. Sieg's days may be numbered as well as the talent on the left sides blossoms.

Fitz is going to be a put in a very difficult spot. Who does he use to acquirer a top 6 scoring wing and a really good 3rd center. He has D that can be huge in meeting needs, but he can't screw up and trade the wrong ones. There are no forwards as valuable as the baby RHD of whom I would not part with a single one. Glad I'm not Fitz!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
That's a sound opinion, but I think you'd get a serious argument from management after the season Simon put up last year. Kovacevic is signed to a single season. He'll be gone next season and the Devils will have to decide out of the 7 that are left what happens next. Dougie, Pesce, Nemec, and Casey can't play at the same time and all are too valuable to sit.

What a super position to be put in and with Silayev's contract up at the end of '25-26. The riches continue to grow. Luke and Silayev while many overlook the fact that Misyul and Vilen are not chopped liver either. Sieg's days may be numbered as well as the talent on the left sides blossoms.

Fitz is going to be a put in a very difficult spot. Who does he use to acquirer a top 6 scoring wing and a really good 3rd center. He has D that can be huge in meeting needs, but he can't screw up and trade the wrong ones. There are no forwards as valuable as the baby RHD of whom I would not part with a single one. Glad I'm not Fitz!
Dougie’s probably the odd one out. Our future top 4 is going to be insane.

Luke - Nemec
Silayev - Casey

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm not sold on Silayev but it's very early
But yeah, lots to be excited about.
The puck moving is still very shaky but the skating and defense is legitimately really really high end stuff that I think his floor is pretty easy top 4. Especially playing with Casey to cover some puck moving deficiencies. Silayev just swallows up everything and really doesn’t give up much of anything when he’s out there

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
The puck moving is still very shaky but the skating and defense is legitimately really really high end stuff that I think his floor is pretty easy top 4. Especially playing with Casey to cover some puck moving deficiencies. Silayev just swallows up everything and really doesn’t give up much of anything when he’s out there
Spot on. Even then I think the puck moving should get better with time. That’s a skill he can work on and that will improve with time and as he gains confidence.

Reactions: Hisch13r

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Palat had a good gm and is getting shit on in a preseason gdt…

Just a wild obsession.
He's the "old" overpaid guy on a mostly younger team with multiple really good contracts, so he's going to be taking bullets as long as he's here, deserved or not. Personally I just don't give that much of a shit about his contract. He's kind of like latter years Zajac to me, although obviously without the history with the team. If he can be a solid vet and maybe have another big playoff moment or two, that's good enough for me.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Softening the blow when he gets cut
Exactly, I mean there's literally no reason to rush Casey. An important thing to recognize is that Casey, Stillman, and Dowling were the only players on the ice tonight with serious career implications.

Casey's looked like a star through two preseason games, but if he were to make the team, he's gonna hit a wall somewhere around 40-50 games. The AHL is the right place for him to acclimate to a pro schedule and get all the minutes he could possibly ask for. If he crushes a whole season down there, he'll be a hell of a potential addition in the playoffs (if we make them :shakehead).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Exactly, I mean there's literally no reason to rush Casey. An important thing to recognize is that Casey, Stillman, and Dowling were the only players on the ice tonight with serious career implications.

Casey's looked like a star through two preseason games, but if he were to make the team, he's gonna hit a wall somewhere around 40-50 games. The AHL is the right place for him to acclimate to a pro schedule and get all the minutes he could possibly ask for. If he crushes a whole season down there, he'll be a hell of a potential addition in the playoffs (if we make them :shakehead).
If he makes our team better, he should be on the team.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Just win a few before the seaaon starts and take it from there. I missed like 80% of this game and caught the end. Atleast they made it interesting.

Just want the season to start because I'm not a fan of preseason. Only good thing about it is seeing some of the young players get exposure. I'm glad Casey is getting a ton of minutes and praise from Keefe though.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
With Luke out to start the season and Pesce (when will we he be ready?), I don’t see any harm in giving Casey the first nine games. Like another poster said, if he makes our team better, he should be here. I do understand the dilemma when all of our D are healthy but I think he deserves a taste of the NHL while there’s an opening.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Excellent points, the duo that has a history of playing fantastic together must be separated because of a random preseason game.
Lmao right, a 'history'

One season together is history now

You know whats actually history? Tatar's record of underperforming in every playoff hes ever participated in

Or been allowed to participate in - twice his team went to the Finals and he was BENCHED FOR FOURTH LINERS

But okay, Nico and Tatar have major history together and should be permanently intertwined - you got it, Steve

Fortunately I know you arent that dumb - next time just admit you have no angle to work with and move on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad