GDT: Preseason Game 3: Red Wings vs penguins 9/30/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Usually the complete NHL roster doesn’t get iced until around the last preseason game. For the complete NHL squad to lose so handily against a farm team is not something easy to brush off.
No kidding. You can't just brush off that loss. It pretty much eliminated any chance the Wings had of making the preseason playoffs this year.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Preseason, whatever. But I will say that defensive play did look similar and the PP had last years give up a bad shorty look. So hopefully we will see in the later games this new "team defense".

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I want to say that the organization having 6 games in 6 days has something to do with the lackluster effort. All the more reason helping the Pens out with split squad yesterday makes no sense. Pens should of been forced to split squad on Sunday.

But I also hate handing out cheap excuses like that one.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
I watched two games last night that were just as relevant to what the Wings will do this season .One was the Lions-Seahawks game, the other was a replay of a 1971 game between the Canadiens and Bruins, Frank Mahovlich's first home game for Montreal after being acquired for Mickey, Charron, Collins, probably the best trade of the entire Dead Wings' era. Frank was great (two assists) but Pete Mahovlich was the best player on the ice along with Serge Savard and of course Bobby Orr. Sanderson had a good game, Lemaire and Cournoyer were flying around. Only two players wearing helmets, lots of big sideburns. Goalies looked like stick men from a child's drawing, amazing they stopped anything. From those two games I deduced Detroit will be in the hunt again this season for a WC berth.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
wasn't able to watch, but based on what I've read here.. Daniel-son isn't really doing much either way?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So long as fans are consistent with their praise/criticism it's fine..., ie do not talk up a guys strong performance one game but then excuse a weak performance the very next day...

It's preseason but it's still hockey...be better

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
It's kind of unfortunate how much one troll derails the entire thread. Maybe a reason this board is one of the least active on hfboards?

Mazur has the effort but seems to be struggling a bit with the pace. He's fighting the puck a bit. I think he needs NHL games this season but probably not a full season.
It’s kind of unfortunate when a person labels someone else a “troll” whenever they say something they disagree with.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
It’s kind of unfortunate when a person labels someone else a “troll” whenever they say something they disagree with.
Ok.... maybe you can explain why you think Compher/Veleno/Motte/Edvinsson/Lyon aren't making the team?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm usually a pretty critical guy I feel, but I just don't care. I didn't care before it started, and not now after/while it's happening(preseason).

No one's injured right? Just stay healthy and get the season started.

I think the only possible thing Preseason was going to do was possibly have prospects like Johansson/Kasper make the team if they just showed out and see if Watson/Chaisson fit in with the crowd enough to sign and waive to the AHL team.

Other than that, stay healthy, get the skating/conditioning down. Stay healthy.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Sure, every Wings fan wanted a better result but ...

I will focus on the positives:

Marco Kasper appears ready to enter the NHL.

AJo appears ready to take his spot as the #6.

Kane appears fully recovered.

The ice looked good.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Sure, every Wings fan wanted a better result but ...

I will focus on the positives:

Marco Kasper appears ready to enter the NHL.

AJo appears ready to take his spot as the #6.

Kane appears fully recovered.

The ice looked good.

Honestly I could care less about any preseason result.

It's about getting their game legs back, not getting injured, getting a look at the young guys, and trying some things out.

It's not that surprising to me that they'd get outworked by a bunch of AHL guys trying to make an impression versus half a roster that has nothing to play for other than getting in a skate at game speed.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Ed I think was the only major difference maker who wasn’t on the ice yesterday. Compher and Veleno would not have made a difference.
See, you admit that this was not as good as our planned NHL roster. Then you give an opinion that even though it was not our NHL roster, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Do you see how that it is different than:
Lol the Detroit Red Wings just got best handily by the Scranton Penguins.

a team where 100% of our cap is dedicated toward get destroyed by a farm league team

this was our maxed out NHL roster

Usually the complete NHL roster doesn’t get iced until around the last preseason game. For the complete NHL squad to lose so handily against a farm team is not something easy to brush off.

and how saying inflammatory things you know aren't true could be considered trolling?

And if we want to talk opinions instead of stating false facts: Danielson, Mazur, Kasper, and Cossa... guys almost surely not on the NHL roster combined for -6 and a .800 save percentage. I think that made a difference

Reactions: sepster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad