GDT: Preseason Game 3: Red Wings vs penguins 9/30/24 7pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Preseason, whatever. But I will say that defensive play did look similar and the PP had last years give up a bad shorty look. So hopefully we will see in the later games this new "team defense".

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I want to say that the organization having 6 games in 6 days has something to do with the lackluster effort. All the more reason helping the Pens out with split squad yesterday makes no sense. Pens should of been forced to split squad on Sunday.

But I also hate handing out cheap excuses like that one.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
I watched two games last night that were just as relevant to what the Wings will do this season .One was the Lions-Seahawks game, the other was a replay of a 1971 game between the Canadiens and Bruins, Frank Mahovlich's first home game for Montreal after being acquired for Mickey, Charron, Collins, probably the best trade of the entire Dead Wings' era. Frank was great (two assists) but Pete Mahovlich was the best player on the ice along with Serge Savard and of course Bobby Orr. Sanderson had a good game, Lemaire and Cournoyer were flying around. Only two players wearing helmets, lots of big sideburns. Goalies looked like stick men from a child's drawing, amazing they stopped anything. From those two games I deduced Detroit will be in the hunt again this season for a WC berth.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
wasn't able to watch, but based on what I've read here.. Daniel-son isn't really doing much either way?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So long as fans are consistent with their praise/criticism it's fine..., ie do not talk up a guys strong performance one game but then excuse a weak performance the very next day...

It's preseason but it's still hockey...be better

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->