GDT: Preseason Game 3: Canucks @ Kraken - 7:00 PM PDT, KHN, Kong

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Weren't those teams more physical than us though? I guess other than the physicality though, it is a pretty similar style.

They were, but it definitely looks like our physical players are universally sitting out tonight. If Borgen plays as physical as he did, and Kartye… maybe we hold onto Hayden, and of course Tanev and Gourde are bullies and Stephenson is like Gourde, but hasn’t shown it yet, I think it’ll be similar. It’s the kind of team we’ll need to leapfrog LA this season.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Those Cup teams for the KIngs were great Defensively and of course they had Quicker in the Nets...besides that they had Size galore up front and a great top 9 and good 4th line players that knew their roles and played it to the Tee...they didn't always score a lot but they were timely goals

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I watched those Kings teams as a Devils fan. It wasn’t pretty on my end.

On this game, nobody is standing out as a liability, a couple of players are invisible (might not be bad), and most look very good.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Those Cup teams for the KIngs were great Defensively and of course they had Quicker in the Nets...besides that they had Size galore up front and a great top 9 and good 4th line players that knew their roles and played it to the Tee...they didn't always score a lot but they were timely goals

In addition to my post above, the Kraken were 9th lowest goals against last season. They improved defensively from where I sit. Could be good

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
They were, but it definitely looks like our physical players are universally sitting out tonight. If Borgen plays as physical as he did, and Kartye… maybe we hold onto Hayden, and of course Tanev and Gourde are bullies and Stephenson is like Gourde, but hasn’t shown it yet, I think it’ll be similar. It’s the kind of team we’ll need to leapfrog LA this season.
With Doughty out for 8-12 weeks, we do have a chance to jump them early.

Reactions: The Marquis

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Daccord bit on the move...No way did Forslund have 3 off years...John,Eddie and JT are great at what they do and have me laughing my head off...keep up the good work men...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
When they were talking about Daccord exploits with the puck...I wondered about Jacques(The Legend)Plante and how it must have made his coaches lose hair and years watching him...especially in those years when it was a no no...

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
When they were talking about Daccord exploits with the puck...I wondered about Jacques(The Legend)Plante and how it must have made his coaches lose hair and years watching him...especially in those years when it was a no no...

Great post. Brodeur was the same. I watched those Devils years losing my mind about his puck handling, then they changed the rules and it probably got worse. It led to Cups, so whatever. An extra, skilled player with the puck on his stick is usually a good thing. A guy who fancies himself as good with the puck but isn’t (Markstrom for example) has to be coached out of those habits. I don’t think Daccord is a guy we have to worry about most of the time. Brodeur, he is not, but he may be among the top 5 in the league at the moment

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Great post. Brodeur was the same. I watched those Devils years losing my mind about his puck handling, then they changed the rules and it probably got worse. It led to Cups, so whatever. An extra, skilled player with the puck on his stick is usually a good thing. A guy who fancies himself as good with the puck but isn’t (Markstrom for example) has to be coached out of those habits. I don’t think Daccord is a guy we have to worry about most of the time. Brodeur, he is not, but he may be among the top 5 in the league at the moment
Oh wow. You think Daccord is that good (top 5)? I am pretty bad at evaluating goalies outside of SV% so this is good to hear.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So Kraken PP 1 is Beniers,Bjorkstrand,McCann with Montour and Dunn right...with PP 2 consisting of Tolvanen,Eberle,Stephenson,Burakovsky and Evans... and PK Larsson,Oleksiak,Gourde, and Wright or Schwartz? Borgen in there too and Kartye...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad