GDT: Preseason game 2: Sharks vs. Ducks 7pm stream on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Still way too early to overreact but I do find it a little worrying that we are really struggling in both games to get out of our own zone and create anything on offense at 5on5 vs 2 teams that are playing B squads meanwhile we are playing let’s say 1/2 our NHL squad each game. All of our offense has been on the PP for the most part. Lots of shift in our own end where we get hemmed in for 1 minute+

Reactions: mogambomoroo

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Still way too early to overreact but I do find it a little worrying that we are really struggling in both games to get out of our own zone and create anything on offense at 5on5 vs 2 teams that are playing B squads meanwhile we are playing let’s say 1/2 our NHL squad each game. All of our offense has been on the PP for the most part. Lots of shift in our own end where we get hemmed in for 1 minute+
I do think for the vets they’re less concerned about the preseason performance whereas a B squad has an entire team fighting for jobs.

My only critiques on Smith outside that lazy penalty is how easy it was for him to get knocked off the puck a couple times but rookie in preseason. He’s going to learn.
He's gotta bulk up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My only critiques on Smith outside that lazy penalty is how easy it was for him to get knocked off the puck a couple times but rookie in preseason. He’s going to learn.

No.
Absolutely, Smith has gotten pushed around a bit. We knew that was gonna happen, he's a teenager. But he's kept up with the pace comfortably, done the right things defensively, and shown his skill and creativity. I just don't know what some people want.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
It is way too early to react over preseason hockey but make no mistake about it, the regular season team will still be very bad

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Indeed, the Sharks are gonna be the worst team in the NHL again. Are you surprised?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Absolutely, Smith has gotten pushed around a bit. We knew that was gonna happen, he's a teenager. But he's kept up with the pace comfortably, done the right things defensively, and shown his skill and creativity. I just don't know what some people want.
That’s my question to most of the posts here. What do some people want???

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That’s my question to most of the posts here. What do some people want???
Me saying he's gonna struggle, some are taking that as me ready to throw him into the garbage heap. God forbid I don't envision a scrawny 19 year old coming in and lighting it up immediately. I'm sorry, I'm gonna take back my assessment and offer a fairly conservative prediction.

38 goals, 71 assists 109 points.

Most importantly he won't struggle at any point.

Everyone happy?

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I believe the disappointment with the scores this pre season is because we've had high hopes we would easily keep up or even dominate in pre season. But there is still work ahead. It shows we have a new coach, new system, a lot of new players and it's gonna take some time to start building chemistry.
As a fan I hope they just simplify their game and try to just support each other there, one play at a time.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I believe the disappointment with the scores this pre season is because we've had high hopes we would easily keep up or even dominate. But there is still work ahead. It shows we have a new coach, new system, a lot of new players and it's gonna take some time to start building chemistry.
As a fan I hope they just simplify their game and try to just support each other there, one play at a time.
I'm not worried in the least. I expect the kids to struggle. They're all kids. Teenagers. It's expected they're going to struggle, and these two preseason games prove it. They're going up against B squads, but these B squads are still filled with players who've been toiling in the minors for some time or have had some experience playing on the NHL squad. It's a different beast once you've gotten some seasoning. It's the speed that takes time.

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Indeed, the Sharks are gonna be the worst team in the NHL again. Are you surprised?
I expected the Sharks to be much improved from last season but still a bottom 5 team that will have more competitive games. But yeah I think the hype of a new coach and Celebrini+Smith and the other additions made me too optimistic and I should expect a bottom 1-2 team next year. Our D core really is the worst in the NHL by far

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad