GDT: Preseason game 2: Sharks vs. Ducks 7pm stream on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
I feel like franchise two-way talent like Celebrini is not as interesting to the media like franchise goalscorer like Bedard. That is why I think the complete game of Celebrini has more of a chance to bring us a cup one day than Bedard would have. Celebrini will work every detail of the game to win. You basically have a Crosby, and we Sharks fans know what it means playing against him in the playoffs.
Also nobody cares about the sharks, celebrini who🦉

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This is why I wish there was accurate TOI data for juniors and college players. So much of scoring is opportunity. If Smith really did play 5 minutes less per night than Celebrini or when Eichel played then his season is a lot more impressive. TOI matters so much when comparing players. I’m sure the NHL teams track this for the players they scout.
I will personally say that I don't feel like Smith got all that much ice time. BC really rolled four lines, to their detriment at times. I'll go so far as to say that I almost felt like the freshmen line's ice time was being deliberately restricted. Whether that was related to physical abilities or some "keep them humble" nonsense, I couldn't say, but it felt egregious at times. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Celebrini had 5+ more minutes per night.

Reactions: one2gamble

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I will personally say that I don't feel like Smith got all that much ice time. BC really rolled four lines, to their detriment at times. I'll go so far as to say that I almost felt like the freshmen line's ice time was being deliberately restricted. Whether that was related to physical abilities or some "keep them humble" nonsense, I couldn't say, but it felt egregious at times. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Celebrini had 5+ more minutes per night.
It made it really easy to skim through BC games though. Knew to skip ahead 4-6 minutes to get to the next Smith shift. I did not enjoy watching Colby Ambrosio and the rest of their bottom 6 for sure. Not that either team was very deep but it did seem like BC had 2x lines worth playing while BU was basically Celebrini+Hutson and co.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad