GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Honestly matheson is kinda overrated on the PP here, I think he's better suited to the 2nd PP personally
We were 27th on the PP. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of them. Lots of his production comes from zone entries where he uses his speed, even on the PP. He just makes too many blunders handling the puck at the blue line. It kills momentum.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
We were 27th on the PP. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of them. Lots of his production comes from zone entries where he uses his speed, even on the PP. He just makes too many blunders handling the puck at the blue line. It kills momentum.
That's my memory of it as well, we need someone who can find seems, i think Matheson is better suited to 2nd roles where you are entering mainly from a position of coming off the bench compared too starting in the offensive side

just my 2c though

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know about The Bell Center but I've already said my piece.
If this team wants to win hockey games Lane Hutson has to be our PP1 guy end of story.
I don't need a camp to show me what Matheson can or can't do I've seen enough of him to understand his limitations.
Do you want a guy back there who can do any number of things to mess up an opponent or a guy with a limited arsenal and a history.

Lane Hutson faked dropping it back and then went on to enter the zone slowing up when he crossed the line to allow his mates to get in position.
Matheson will never be able to do that shit.
"Team First" or "Matheson First" is what it boils down to.
Why are we acting like we owe Matheson anything.
He benefited from our weakness at the position and now he's second best at best.
Don't tell me you want to be in the mix if you are going to use the talent at your disposal to get you there.

Last edited:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I don't know about The Bell Center but I've already said my piece.
If this team wants to win hockey games Lane Hutson has to be our PP1 guy end of story.
I don't need a camp to show me what Matheson can or can't do I've seen enough of him to understand his limitations.
Do you want a guy back there who can do any number of things to mess up an opponent or a guy with a limited arsenal and a history.

Lane Hutson faked dropping it back and then went on to enter the zone slowing up when he crossed the line to allow his mates to get in position.
Matheson will never be able to do that shit.
"Team First" or "Matheson First" is what it boils down to.
Why are we acting like we owe Matheson anything.
He benefited from our weakness at the position and now he's second best at best.
Don't tell me you want to be in the mix if you are going to use the talent at your disposal to get you there.
id be willing to bet it starts with mathesn on pp1 and hutson on pp2 until hutson is more comfortable, call it nov/dec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad