GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Lots of depth and interesting young players to watch in this year's pre-season games....I remember the last few years, we were bitching and moaning (rightfully so) as the lineups were god awful and full of "filler" type journey players that clearly had no future with the team.

Reactions: ChikN and Redux91

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think people would speak differently about him if he were aging into the more quiet, wise and effective leader type, rather than rabid napoleon complex type who flips out all the time. Just my 0.02.
When Bergevin gave him that contract, he seemed to think he grew a foot taller, and was The Guy......weird......................he was better as a quiet version of himself. His big mouth got him and the team in so much trouble over the years. Gally is not lacking confidence that's for sure, but I just can't figure out why???
That said, yes a heart and soul guy, but very stupid at times, so it will interesting to see if he shows up in shape, because I never seen a guy get so winded after a 40 second shift.....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Simoneau is a huge fan favorite in Laval. That kid is afraid of no one and will not back down from anyone. Truly a pitbull on skates.
We need guys like that !!
2nd line played last night, 1st line plays tonight.................I like they are doing this, but NJ is a tougher opponent than Philly that's for sure.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
My only concern is it appears the are Habs dressing a fairly soft lineup outside the 4th line.

The Deputy is there. I don't know why you worry.

I do hope they give Dobes one full game; he might put the organization on notice.

Gonna be a big battle between Monty Primeau Dobes Fowler and Volokhin coming.

Same. I liked Dobes way more. There should have been 2-3 goals against Primeau.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If the anglo ratings were 80% of total viewers and he said 99%, then that's exaggeration.

But when the actual anglo ratings are 20%, it's just mis-informed.
Isn't it like 50-50. On TSN it was 80-20. but there were 700000 English on SN if I read it right.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Those 'et le buts' last night were.. rough..
We're definitely nearing the end of Houde and it kills me (Michel Lacroix is no spring chicken either..)

Huge shoes to fill

Both are iconic.. I don't know if I'll ever get used to someone but Lacroix announcing the Habs to the ice.

But even with Houde it's like Bob Cole, even when the mental faculties were fading, the voice was just so iconic that it just felt right.

We don't have many good play by play guys left, Gord Miller and Dave Randorf are probably the only two I like.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I do hope they give Dobes one full game; he might put the organization on notice.

Gonna be a big battle between Monty Primeau Dobes Fowler and Volokhin coming.
There is already a somewhat big decision to be made as early as next summer too
-Primeau needs a new contract from the 900k/yr
-What to do with Dobes if Primeau gets new deal
-Do they want Fowler to play a 3rd NCAA season

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Isn't it like 50-50. On TSN it was 80-20. but there were 700000 English on SN if I read it right.
The article Iinked didn't give English national ratings, but for regional games the RDS viewership is 80% of the total and TSN 20%. Considering the original comment was about getting someone to carry a pre-season game, I think the regional broadcasts are an appropriate comparison.

Reactions: Mudz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad