GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Gally has looked good so far in camp. Past is not prologue
Someone said something about Gallagher 3.0 the other day. Has he done anything different or looked much different? Haven’t been following him. I love the guy other than his contract

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Someone said something about Gallagher 3.0 the other day. Has he done anything different or looked much different? Haven’t been following him. I love the guy other than his contract
He's changed his training regiment for sure. Has slimmed down. This seems like it has helped him with his endurance which was a problem last two years. He seemed to be gasping for air after 30-40 second shifts. Injuries afflicted him before and reduced his mobility. He looks free fo that too this year so far not to say he's not prone at this age

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Gallagher last year had 16 goals playing a more limited role than in previous years. He was always in the Top-6. Last year, he was more a 3rd liner. On top of that, he was healthy. The only games he missed were the 5 games he was suspended for the hit on Pelech. Other than that, he was healthy all year, which is a big thing for Gally.

But 16 goals from a depth guy is really good. So hopefully, he will be healthy again this year and he can score goals at that pace again. Because as much as his contract may weigh heavy on fans' perspective of him, he is still a heart and soul guy for this team. And I'd rather have Gally as a bad contract than guys like Dvorak, Anderson, and Armia. Because Gally literally gives everything he has and he bleeds for the jersey.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gallagher last year had 16 goals playing a more limited role than in previous years. He was always in the Top-6. Last year, he was more a 3rd liner. On top of that, he was healthy. The only games he missed were the 5 games he was suspended for the hit on Pelech. Other than that, he was healthy all year, which is a big thing for Gally.

But 16 goals from a depth guy is really good. So hopefully, he will be healthy again this year and he can score goals at that pace again. Because as much as his contract may weigh heavy on fans' perspective of him, he is still a heart and soul guy for this team. And I'd rather have Gally as a bad contract than guys like Dvorak, Anderson, and Armia. Because Gally literally gives everything he has and he bleeds for the jersey.
Gallagher is smart enough to know that if he doesn't score he needs to bring other things to help the team. His no quit leadership is needed.

Reactions: morhilane

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gallagher is smart enough to know that if he doesn't score he needs to bring other things to help the team. His no quit leadership is needed.
True his problems really hit when his line gets caught out on an extended shift. He becomes next to useless when he is gassed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But 16 goals from a depth guy is really good.
It’s not when he’s the worst +/- for forwards on the team by a good bit. I understand that +/- isn’t a great stat, especially for a bad team. But when he’s getting 13 minutes a night it’s extremely telling that he’s a net negative. The eyes test supports it as well, his conditioning was not NHL caliber whatsoever.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s not when he’s the worst +/- for forwards on the team by a good bit. I understand that +/- isn’t a great stat, especially for a bad team. But when he’s getting 13 minutes a night it’s extremely telling that he’s a net negative. The eyes test supports it as well, his conditioning was not NHL caliber whatsoever.
+/- has always been a great stat that's why they keep it.
It's a team stat and sure you will have occasions when you don't deserve the ding but truthfully what is the percentage of times that is actually the case.
Bottom line the five man unit on the ice at that time didn't do their job for whatever reason...
I've always felt it becomes even more relevant in the post season when there is usually less special teams play.
I remember once when they asked Scotty about identifying the good teams he immediately went to the differential as his measuring stick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

With all the young talent here, it's crazy but I'm actually looking forward to seeing how vets like Gally, Dvo, Armia, Anderson, and Evan's do this year. They all seem like they're on a mission.

In Dvo and Armia's cases I am hoping we can get something decent for them at the TDL. In the cases of Anderson and Gallagher, we're almost certainly stuck with them for three more years, or until they're bought out or traded with 50% retained. It would be nice if they could find roles as useful bottom six players while they're still here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad