GDT: Preseason Game 1. Oilers Jets beer leaguer.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Wouldn’t mind a Podkolzin-Philp-Lavoie fourth line to be honest

I think we'll see the bottom 6 fairly quickly go from...

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry

To...
Podz-Henrique-Brown/Perry
Janmark-Philp-Brown/Perry

And eventually...
Podz-Henrique-Brown/Kane
Janmark-Philp-Brown/Kane

With the natural transition being Podz winning Janmark's spot, then Philp taking Ryan's job, and finally Kane taking Perry's spot.
The main question with that set up is do you want to keep Janmark/Brown together and have Pod stapled to Perry so he gets all the offensive mentorship; or do you run Henrique-Brown and Janmark-Philp so you get two quality defensive duos in the bottom 6?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think we'll see the bottom 6 fairly quickly go from...

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry

To...
Podz-Henrique-Brown/Perry
Janmark-Philp-Brown/Perry

And eventually...
Podz-Henrique-Brown/Kane
Janmark-Philp-Brown/Kane

With the natural transition being Podz winning Janmark's spot, then Philp taking Ryan's job, and finally Kane taking Perry's spot.
The main question with that set up is do you want to keep Janmark/Brown together and have Pod stapled to Perry so he gets all the offensive mentorship; or do you run Henrique-Brown and Janmark-Philp so you get two quality defensive duos in the bottom 6?

I think you’re probably right on the players.

I’d be surprised if Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry isn’t the fourth line on starting night. I could see Philp coming up a month or two before the deadline.

As much as I’d like to see more youth on the fourth line, I just don’t see it happening unless theres an injury. Someone like Lavoie probably has to play like Podkolzin if he wants to make it but its not really his game.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I think you’re probably right on the players.

I’d be surprised if Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry isn’t the fourth line on starting night. I could see Philp coming up a month or two before the deadline.

As much as I’d like to see more youth on the fourth line, I just don’t see it happening unless theres an injury. Someone like Lavoie probably has to play like Podkolzin if he wants to make it but its not really his game.
Yeah, Brown said it best on GYB. Lavoie needs to play with more energy if he's going to play on the 4th line. The one timer was beautiful, but he isn't going to be getting many of those in the NHL.

Plenty of games left! I'm excited for some of these battles and to see everyone against actual NHL players.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Wouldn’t mind a Podkolzin-Philp-Lavoie fourth line to be honest
I still don't like Lavoie, his best asset is his shot, but I feel like he is looking for it too much, neglecting supporting the play more and he should be more actively engaged in the dirty areas cause of his size. Kind of like Frk and Perlini who had a tremendous shots I don't think Lavoie is touching enough areas in the game to justify an NHL spot.

We'll see on Philp, I like him a lot, but seems more like a late season call up given the amount of time he missed.

I liked Podkolzin's game he was getting his stick in the passing lanes, was aggressive, and I think he can help a line drive possession, but the element I didn't like is I've seen a bit too much blind hope centering passes out of him, sometimes they click, but it's not a foundation for consistent offense.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Only saw bits and pieces but Philp continues to intrigue me. Size, can skate pretty well and has some sneaky good skill. I know he's likely not an option the first half of the season as he adjusts to hockey again but I could see him being a real option after the New Year and eliminating that need going into the deadline.

Reactions: Canovin

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Was there live:
Liked Podz, Savoie, O'Reilly, Lavoie, Philp, and Emberson.

Very iffy about Josh Brown. Not sure his puck handling and movement is strong enough to be in the NHL.
Considering that 2/3 of the right side D was Ceci and Desharnais last season, I'm thinking Brown could fill that role if he plays merely acceptable defense.
I can already see that Emberson moves the puck better than those two.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Only saw bits and pieces but Philp continues to intrigue me. Size, can skate pretty well and has some sneaky good skill. I know he's likely not an option the first half of the season as he adjusts to hockey again but I could see him being a real option after the New Year and eliminating that need going into the deadline.
i think the plan is to keep him around derek ryan as long as possible as thats the player he will become and probably be better at it, eventually

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad