GDT: Preseason Game 1. Oilers Jets beer leaguer.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Thought that was a pretty good first game by the team.

We didn’t have many of our NHL players and neither did the Jets.

For our forwards I think all the guys who you would like to have a solid game did. Lavoie, Philp, Savoie, Podkolzin,
O’Reilly all had positive games. Hamblin, Cagguila and Wright were also good.

I thought the defense in general played pretty well and moved the puck well. You would expect it though against the forward group the Jets just iced.

Hopefully the goal gives Lavoie some confidence for a good camp. He picked it up after that goal. Podkolzin will be a lot more physical than Holloway was and his skating looked better than I expected.

Overall good first step.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nice showings from Savoie, O’Reilly, Podz, Philp, Carrick, Dineen, and Gleason.

Lavoie had his moments but man his boots are slow. Brown isn’t good. Hoffman has one skate in retirement.

Reactions: McHelpus

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Reinforcing the sad reality he must face that he beat himself in a game of chicken and must pull that shit jersey on every night when he should be competing for a cup.
That really is a shit jersey and logo. Its like they landed on that one and somebody said this is just temporary till we find something. They never found a logo.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Was at the game. Really good showing from Emberson, O'Reilly, Savoie, Philp and Podkozlin. Some good moments out of Lavoie, Caggiula, Dineen, Nicholl, and Wright. The D moved the puck really well and the forwards played a great 2-way game in the neutral zone as a whole. Brown was underwhelming. Don't expect much out of Hoffman either, a warm body to fill a spot while Jarvente heals up.

Was that Collin Delia in our net? Had no idea he was at camp
They signed him this summer to be the back up in Bakersfield.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Saw some chatter about us not having much LD depth (mainly when Giordano and Dermott were discussed). But I’m pretty sure Gleason is a NHL dman if we get a injury on the left side.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I saw a tweet that Emberson looked good. this true?
Yes he was excellent. Good skater and quality puck mover, definitely a step up so far on anything I've seen from Ceci with regards to puck retrievals, pivots/edge work, and break out pass. Not as big or strong as Ceci, but showed several instances of excellent defensive IQ reading lanes, good gap control, and good stick work. Very much in the M.E. Vlasic style of defender.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Saw some chatter about us not having much LD depth (mainly when Giordano and Dermott were discussed). But I’m pretty sure Gleason is a NHL dman if we get a injury on the left side.
Gleason had some good moments tonight. Good skater and puck mover. Dermott was similar. The Oilers D as a whole all moved the puck well tonight outside of Brown.

This of course, in the context of the first preseason game of the year when you expect a lot of sloppy passes. I was pleasantly surprised with the puck movement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad