GDT: Preseason Game 1. Oilers Jets beer leaguer.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
How pathetic that they have to around ripping down streams when they don't offer one themselves. Kind of shitty. Explains why I couldn't get a working stream anywhere. I mean this is first preseason game. Imagine them shutting down streams. lol
Thankfully the Jets nhl site had it streaming for free.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The knock on him in Vancouver was not going to the areas, skating by the scoring areas, and obviously not scoring. I mean its the reason he's here. To say it didn't work out in Vancouver is understatement and he even got ample chances on topline.

He was a prime candidate waiver player who we got for next to nothing.
Hard to take away really much from a ragged scrimmage game without high end NHL talent. I did think that Podkolzin had a solid two way game from what I saw. He has opportunity to reframe his game as a high energy physical two way bottom six here without necessarily the pressure to be a big producer per draft expectation in Vancouver.

Per your point, on the OT goal he made a great hit to turn the puck over, got on his horse to give a pass option on the rush up ice. But really think you want him to crash net front and stop vs curl away from the net and out of blue paint. Bit of a weak goal by Dineen. I wonder abit about his processor ability but still think Podkolzin will work his way onto the 3W spot over time.

Also need more talk about that sick defensive zone outlet from Savoie to Podkolzin that created the own zone breakout on the OT winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad